LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

17 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

It's about different combinations getting a feel for each other.  From what Whit was saying, the Jackson/Avila combination was really, really humming well together - and Avila is basically a lock for the LG spot not only because it's been a glaring hole for us, but that's also where he played most for TCU including in that run to the National Championship game where they didn't surrender a sack.

Feels like Avila at LG and Havenstein at RT are locks.

My guy tells me Alaric Jackson gets the nod at LT and we test Noteboom out at RG for him to battle with Anchrum.

I have no clue how Shelton/Allen pans out.

18 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Feels like Avila at LG and Havenstein at RT are locks.

My guy tells me Alaric Jackson gets the nod at LT and we test Noteboom out at RG for him to battle with Anchrum.

I have no clue how Shelton/Allen pans out.

I'm guessing Shelton will get the C job. Allen is just too small. It shows up every time we play any stout DL. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm guessing Shelton will get the C job. Allen is just too small. It shows up every time we play any stout DL. 

Yeah I’m  tired of watching the Niners blow up our interior line twice a year. I am glad we made it our mission to add more beef during the off season 

• Like 1

again, i'm confused why jackson has to play. and now even a full half. avila too. ok, avila is the rookie.
but puka is getting a rest day? young?
sorry, but i'm still not sold on jackson being the lt. and even if he is, that he has to play so many snaps as a vet is a bad red flag.
maybe that explains why the rams brought in munchak.

i wish i'm wrong about tre, but jesus christ he can't stop grapping and holding. all his so impressive plays are penalties.

allen looked nice. this defense is a horror show.
we will pass a lot this season, but that's fine our wr, qb and te's are the only bright spots on this team.

On 8/20/2023 at 8:54 AM, Rrrrrrrams said:

again, i'm confused why jackson has to play. and now even a full half. avila too. ok, avila is the rookie.
but puka is getting a rest day? young?
sorry, but i'm still not sold on jackson being the lt. and even if he is, that he has to play so many snaps as a vet is a bad red flag.
maybe that explains why the rams brought in munchak.

i wish i'm wrong about tre, but jesus christ he can't stop grapping and holding. all his so impressive plays are penalties.

allen looked nice. this defense is a horror show.
we will pass a lot this season, but that's fine our wr, qb and te's are the only bright spots on this team.

I think they want Avila to get reps with a starter next to him. Only reason it makes much sense. But neither got hurt so it is a risk but I'm not complaining about getting younger/inexperienced guys as many reps as possible. 

The defense and special teams will suck to start the year. Just have to hope those groups really develop during the season.

3 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

ok, that would make sense, sure.

so why not just put the back up center next to him? instead of the starting lt?
i'm just confused why the heck our starting lt needs to play a full half while our back up te sits both games?!

I agree that it is weird that Hopkins hasn't played. I'd generally prefer all the guys play some other than our obvious core guys (Stafford, Akers, Kupp, Van, Higbee, Donald, Jones, Fuller, etc). 

I'm starting to change my tune and understand why the books put our O/U at 5.5 wins....

We have no pass rush.

We have an inexperienced (but talented) secondary.

Our DL is going to be manhandled.

I've seen what Matt Stafford looks like with a bottom 10 defense before and it's not a playoff team.

Question: If we're stting 1-5 through the first 6 weeks, do we start Bennett? Also, do we trade off any assets at the deadline for picks? Dare I say, Aaron Donald to a contender? Kupp?

I think next year we become very aggressive again, between the draft and FA with the cap we have. The goal this year is to make the playoffs, but if we realize very quickly that is not realistic, do we amplify our position for next season?

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm starting to change my tune and understand why the books put our O/U at 5.5 wins....

We have no pass rush.

We have an inexperienced (but talented) secondary.

Our DL is going to be manhandled.

I've seen what Matt Stafford looks like with a bottom 10 defense before and it's not a playoff team.

Question: If we're stting 1-5 through the first 6 weeks, do we start Bennett? Also, do we trade off any assets at the deadline for picks? Dare I say, Aaron Donald to a contender? Kupp?

I think next year we become very aggressive again, between the draft and FA with the cap we have. The goal this year is to make the playoffs, but if we realize very quickly that is not realistic, do we amplify our position for next season?

If were trying to focus on 2024, we should only trade non core pieces. On our team, that's not very many people. Maybe Noteboom, Allen, Higbee, and Jefferson. 

Unless Donald specifically says he wants out, I don't see why we'd move him. I can see starting Bennett if Stafford is banged up and our record sucks. But it has to be both of those circumstances before it makes any sense. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

If were trying to focus on 2024, we should only trade non core pieces. On our team, that's not very many people. Maybe Noteboom, Allen, Higbee, and Jefferson. 

Unless Donald specifically says he wants out, I don't see why we'd move him. I can see starting Bennett if Stafford is banged up and our record sucks. But it has to be both of those circumstances before it makes any sense. 

Noteboom is worthless.

Allen, maybe a 7th?

Higbee, maybe a 5th?

VJ is about to be a UFA so typically not a trade candidate in that situation.

Donald and Kupp are the only pieces who would bring us back a sizeable return. Kupp is 30 and injury prone. If he balls out I can see us getting a 1st for him.

Donald I never want to see in another teams jersey, but in terms of trade value he's a 1st and possibly 2nd? Maybe two firsts to contender, but I doubt it given his mindset on retirement. 

Unless Stafford is injured or banged up, i don't think we will see Bennett playing this year. 

The real question is, how bad are we going to be this year ? I guess if we have a top 5 pick, Snead will be tempted to draft a QB, but we have more pressing needs than QB. 

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Noteboom is worthless.

Allen, maybe a 7th?

Higbee, maybe a 5th?

VJ is about to be a UFA so typically not a trade candidate in that situation.

Donald and Kupp are the only pieces who would bring us back a sizeable return. Kupp is 30 and injury prone. If he balls out I can see us getting a 1st for him.

Donald I never want to see in another teams jersey, but in terms of trade value he's a 1st and possibly 2nd? Maybe two firsts to contender, but I doubt it given his mindset on retirement. 

Whats the point on getting a first for someone the caliber as Kupp and Donald? Unless we actually think we'd suck for 3 years then we might as well keep them. Honestly if we are trading Kupp or Donald, might as well trade Stafford too because he's got a shorter timeline. 

VJ is absolutely a trade candidate if we don't think we'd keep him. He's a rental for a team but we'd be able to get something for him. 

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

Unless Stafford is injured or banged up, i don't think we will see Bennett playing this year. 

The real question is, how bad are we going to be this year ? I guess if we have a top 5 pick, Snead will be tempted to draft a QB, but we have more pressing needs than QB. 

If we have a top 5 pick, I'd like to see Snead fired personally. 

14 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Whats the point on getting a first for someone the caliber as Kupp and Donald? Unless we actually think we'd suck for 3 years then we might as well keep them. Honestly if we are trading Kupp or Donald, might as well trade Stafford too because he's got a shorter timeline. 

VJ is absolutely a trade candidate if we don't think we'd keep him. He's a rental for a team but we'd be able to get something for him. 

The point would be to accumulate firsts to acquire the first pick overall and then build around a QB on a rookie deal. That is essentially the plan most teams have. Its the best competitive advantage in football.

I would also agree Stafford then gets traded, but he would again, he would be worthless at that cap hit/age.

Teams trading for a UFA would have a 1-year rental, but it would devalue him because he would be going back into the open market at the end of the season. Would you give up a 3rd -4th round pick for someone to play ~7 games and potentially walk? Me neither, but hopefully he gets you back a comp pick in the process. VJ might fetch a 5th-6th if hes moved at the deadline.