LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

On 12/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, jrry32 said:

Kyren reminds me of James White. Could be a major weapon in the passing game, but he's not a difference maker as a runner.

I was hopeful he would be more of a Kareem Hunt lite type of player but that seems to be wishful thinking. Still, for a 5th round pick he should have a role over his rookie contract. We do need someone next year though. I doubt Akers can be the difference maker at RB that we need.

Putting the Chargers game on Christmas would have guaranteed it wouldn't have been flexed out of SNF no matter what.

Because they didn't put it on Christmas (blame Russell Wilson who didn't live up to the hype) it is in danger of being flexed out, thus extending the wait for another all-LA game in primetime.

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Putting the Chargers game on Christmas would have guaranteed it wouldn't have been flexed out of SNF no matter what.

Because they didn't put it on Christmas (blame Russell Wilson who didn't live up to the hype) it is in danger of being flexed out, thus extending the wait for another all-LA game in primetime.

Does it really matter ? 

To me it does. There has rarely ever been a primetime game between two teams from the same metro area. It has happened only two times (1985 Battle of LA, 2018 Battle of the Bay), and Giants-Jets has only ever been played in the 1 PM slot, even when both teams are coming off good seasons (this is despite NYC being the largest market), but Giants-Jets has a good chance of being played at night next year since both teams are contending now.

Edited by pf9

11 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

well, let's see how much mcvay reallly liked baker.

the ramsshould put the claim in just to annoy the whiners.

If we think there is a shot Stafford is calling it, have to put a claim for him. I'd bet another team grabs him before Niners if we pass. 

19 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

If we think there is a shot Stafford is calling it, have to put a claim for him. I'd bet another team grabs him before Niners if we pass. 

At this point I feel baker needs to be a backup for a year. Sitting behind stafford and having Mcvay for a year could really help Baker. I’m sure they could then trade him away. Worst case we at least have a decent backup. I don’t like baker, but imo he’s light years better than what we have as backups 

18 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

so they claimed baker and he colud play against the raiders?
can someone explain to me why we kept perkins on the 53 for two years?
what a waste of a roster spot.

There's a lot that Snead has gotten wrong but I have no idea what he's been doing with the 3 QBs when 2 of them are clearly practice squad caliber. If you want them to run the scout team, that is why we have a 16 man practice squad. No one is claiming these bums. 

46 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

There's a lot that Snead has gotten wrong but I have no idea what he's been doing with the 3 QBs when 2 of them are clearly practice squad caliber. If you want them to run the scout team, that is why we have a 16 man practice squad. No one is claiming these bums. 

I get the feeling that with Lamar having such success that they saw there was a chance he could be a similar player. He isn’t Lamar, but the dude is a weapon with the ball in his hands. Problem is he never seems very comfortable throwing the ball. Maybe they just hoped they could progress him enough.