GDT Balt vs Cinci 2: Electric Bengaloo

DreamKid

Despite me not being able to name a single CB that was out there after Tavon and Averett went down it was straight up embarrassing how easy they made carving up Wink's defense look for the 2nd straight time this year.

Also, it's a little disturbing that our offense seems to do better when Lamar isn't in the game...2nd string and 3rd string QB's being able to read defenses better than Lamar is worrisome.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Despite me not being able to name a single CB that was out there after Tavon and Averett went down it was straight up embarrassing how easy they made carving up Wink's defense look for the 2nd straight time this year.

Also, it's a little disturbing that our offense seems to do better when Lamar isn't in the game...2nd string and 3rd string QB's being able to read defenses better than Lamar is worrisome.

Homework assignment:

Go count the number of regular season (for fair comparison) games that Lamar has started and finished and the Ravens were held under 21 points in his entire career and divide that by the total number of those games.

Let me know the number first and then dive into the reasons why I'm being a disingenuous Lamar-stan.

Edited by wackywabbit

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Homework assignment:

Go count the number of regular season (for fair comparison) games that Lamar has started and finished and the Ravens were held under 21 points in his entire career and divide that by the total number of those games.

Let me know the number first and then dive into the reasons why I'm being a disingenuous Lamar-stan.

I mean over his career, yeah, but recently the numbers really don't lie. We were better with Huntley and then we threw Josh Johnson out there with a week's worth of practice and even he looked serviceable against the Bengals. Meanwhile, in Lamar's last 4-5 or so games he looked completely lost and so did our offense. I love Lamar as much as anyone but this year he has taken a major step back, and that's after taking a major step back last year too!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean over his career, yeah, but recently the numbers really don't lie. We were better with Huntley and then we threw Josh Johnson out there with a week's worth of practice and even he looked serviceable against the Bengals. Meanwhile, in Lamar's last 4-5 or so games he looked completely lost and so did our offense. I love Lamar as much as anyone but this year he has taken a major step back, and that's after taking a major step back last year too!

Didn't see a number (other than 4-5 which isn't correct), ignoring this text.

Edited by wackywabbit

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

lol okay if you just wanna pretend Lamar hasn't massively regressed, be my guest.

If you don't want to acknowledge a numerical fact before making lazy statements about how the offense is "clearly better" then be my guest.

Edited by wackywabbit

20 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

If you don't want to acknowledge a numerical fact before making lazy statements about how the offense is "clearly better" then be my guest.

Dude no one is making a referendum on Lamar’s career lol why are you getting so defensive about him.

The point that’s been made in here is that Lamar struggled in the passing game in about 50% of his starts this year - most of which came in the past month or so of the season. It also happened to line up with 2 other QBs coming in and looking more comfortable operating in that same passing game immediately after a month or so of said struggles. 

You can point out a player is struggling without making some grandiose statement about a guy’s career.

Lamar looked bad the past month he started. He looked bad in some other games earlier in this year as well. He was also able to turn it around in the 2nd half of some of those games and pull us out of the hole. In others, he wasn’t. That’s the reality of the situation.

We’re allowed to say that without having to acknowledge his contributions to and impact on the team throughout his career in every post.