Week 17: Rams AT Ravens

MDY10

55 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

We showed the last 2 weeks that with great defense and special teams play that we can overcome the hiccups. But that's not a path to victory that we should expect to be replicable in the playoffs. Even with how well Stafford played in the 2nd half yesterday, it still took a defensive stand at the end to win. If we would have given that ball at the end to Rodgers, Brady, Prescott, or Kyler I would guess they'd get 35 yards in 1 minute to have a shot to win with a FG. I'd expect Stafford to do it too FWIW. 

giphy.gif

Stafford will either do a lot to alleviate my concerns or grow them significantly in two weeks when he starts in the playoffs. Hard to know what we're getting until then. My fear is that Stafford is going to put a lot of pressure on himself because of the significance of the game, and it will lead to him trying to play hero ball, which is what gets him in trouble.

Edited by jrry32

58 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Stafford will either do a lot to alleviate my concerns or grow them significantly in two weeks when he starts in the playoffs. Hard to know what we're getting until then. My fear is that Stafford is going to put a lot of pressure on himself because of the significance of the game, and it will lead to him trying to play hero ball, which is what gets him in trouble.

This is my fear too. Especially in round 1 if we win the division. We'd face NO, Philly, or 49ers. All of those teams will try to keep the clock running to limit possessions. If we are only getting the ball 9 times because a team can keep the clock running and Stafford turns it over on 2 of those, the effectiveness on the remaining 7 drives needs to be high. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This is my fear too. Especially in round 1 if we win the division. We'd face NO, Philly, or 49ers. All of those teams will try to keep the clock running to limit possessions. If we are only getting the ball 9 times because a team can keep the clock running and Stafford turns it over on 2 of those, the effectiveness on the remaining 7 drives needs to be high. 

I'll feel a lot better if we can knock the 49ers out of the playoffs. I think we can beat NO and Philly without bringing our A game.

• Like 3