Week 17: Rams AT Ravens

MDY10

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

We have the 5th best odds to win the Superbowl. 3rd best in the NFC.

Josh Allen has the same amount of INT's as Stafford (15) and they have the 4th best odds to win the Superbowl with a worse defense.

Let's take a step back and look at things comparatively instead of A.) Focus solely on the negatives B.) Using perfection as a barometer for success.

We lost 36-28 to the best team in the league on the road. The game wasn't as close as the score would indicate, but we are a legit Superbowl contender. Are we the best Superbowl Contender? No, but we are in the top 5 and that's good enough for me. 

I don't focus solely on the negatives. I brought up the defense stepping up (which honestly, they have been for most of the second half of the season) and admitted I was wrong about the OBJ signing. Also said how great Sony has been for this team. That sounds like a lot of positives. 

Perfection is not the barometer but if you can't admit that Stafford is killing us with these turnovers, I don't know what to tell you. We won't be facing the depleted Ravens in the playoffs, and two early turnovers including a pick six will sink us. He's had multiple games like that. We don't need perfection. With the way the rest of the team is playing, we just need above average QB play right now. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

I don't focus solely on the negatives. I brought up the defense stepping up (which honestly, they have been for most of the second half of the season) and admitted I was wrong about the OBJ signing. Also said how great Sony has been for this team. That sounds like a lot of positives. 

Perfection is not the barometer but if you can't admit that Stafford is killing us with these turnovers, I don't know what to tell you. We won't be facing the depleted Ravens in the playoffs, and two early turnovers including a pick six will sink us. He's had multiple games like that. We don't need perfection. With the way the rest of the team is playing, we just need above average QB play right now. 

We won the last two games with Stafford having multiple turnovers and he drove us down the field late in the 4th to win the game The turnovers are going to happen. I've grown to accept it. It's who he is. He has the ability to bounce back from them. 

36 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We won the last two games with Stafford having multiple turnovers and he drove us down the field late in the 4th to win the game The turnovers are going to happen. I've grown to accept it. It's who he is. He has the ability to bounce back from them. 

We played the depleted Ravens and the Vikings, two non-playoff teams. You can't compare those two games to the level of competition we're going to face in the playoffs. 

He needs to stop forcing the ball or we aren't going very far. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

We played the depleted Ravens and the Vikings, two non-playoff teams. You can't compare those two games to the level of competition we're going to face in the playoffs. 

He needs to stop forcing the ball or we aren't going very far. 

Bucs: Not worried. Pitiful secondary and beat them last two.

Cowboys: Middle of the pack defense with an overrated corner that's given up over 1000 yards when targeted. Dak is 1-2 vs McVay. Not worried.

Eagles: After seeing how Donald fairs against Kyler, Hurts is lunch meat and they lack a vertical passing threat, not worried.

Cardinals: Outside of one loss this year, we own them under McVay. Not worried.

Packers: This is the game that worries me. Winning a cold, run heavy game in Lambeau is going to be tough. Stafford is 3-9 in his career at Lambeau.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Which is nice and all that we won them but I don't understand people accepting bad play from any position let alone the QB. Imagine how good we'd be if we didn't spot the other team 7, 10 or 14 points in a half dozen games? Hint we'd be the #1 seed if we didn't. Yes we're all happy for the wins but it's getting to the time of year where you need to be playing your best and that isn't happening from #9 for 4 quarters right now every weekend. Hoping it turns around but you can't go into Green Bay in the NFCCG if we get there and spot them 10 points. We should all hope and expect for better play from everybody especially the QB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Which is nice and all that we won them but I don't understand people accepting bad play from any position let alone the QB. Imagine how good we'd be if we didn't spot the other team 7, 10 or 14 points in a half dozen games? Hint we'd be the #1 seed if we didn't. Yes we're all happy for the wins but it's getting to the time of year where you need to be playing your best and that isn't happening from #9 for 4 quarters right now every weekend. Hoping it turns around but you can't go into Green Bay in the NFCCG if we get there and spot them 10 points. We should all hope and expect for better play from everybody especially the QB.

We're 5-0 since the start of December.

Stafford is who he is. He turns the ball over. It's inevitable. I wish he didnt, but with a successful run game, we should be able to minimize that. Michel is something we didn't use properly in the 1st matchup vs GB. 

I do agree though, the GB game would be concerning for me. If he's getting picked off on bombs downfield I'm far less annoyed then the pick 6's we've seen. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We're 5-0 since the start of December.

Stafford is who he is. He turns the ball over. It's inevitable. I wish he didnt, but with a successful run game, we should be able to minimize that. Michel is something we didn't use properly in the 1st matchup vs GB. 

I do agree though, the GB game would be concerning for me. If he's getting picked off on bombs downfield I'm far less annoyed then the pick 6's we've seen. 

Got it accept some bad play and hope for the best instead of expect their best play and enjoy the performance. I will never get how some people will excuse bad plays from some players but not others.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Got it accept some bad play and hope for the best instead of expect their best play and enjoy the performance. I will never get how some people will excuse bad plays from some players but not others.

I dont excuse it, I learn to work with things that cannot be changed. It's Week 18 and we know what we have in Stafford now. A high ceiling above average QB with a propensity to throw interceptions. Some of those interceptions are Pick 6's (4) and some are on deep balls that essentially act as punts, but kill drives. What we have done to mitigate that is establish a run game with Michel and increase the effectiveness of the PA pass from it.

You get mad every day the sky's blue?

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

"Stafford turns the ball over too much"

Yeah, I wish he didn't. But luckily our defense is playing better and our run game has improved. It hasn't cost us wins these last 5 weeks.

"OMG How could you just accept that".

Jimmy Fallon Oops GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm more confused by the fact that the quote came from you after the way you reacted to stupid turnovers in previous years. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

I'm more confused by the fact that the quote came from you after the way you reacted to stupid turnovers in previous years. 

Goff turned the ball over at the most inopportune times and we lost games because of it. We knew within the first 5min of a game which version of Goff we got

Stafford turns the ball over and we still win. He overcomes it and puts together game winning drives regardless of his turnovers. I care about wins. If we were losing games, my tune would be different. 

Goff turned the ball over at the most inopportune times and we lost games because of it. We knew within the first 5min of a game which version of Goff we got

Stafford turns the ball over and we still win. He overcomes it and puts together game winning drives regardless of his turnovers. I care about wins. If we were losing games, my tune would be different. 

If Jordan Fuller doesn't intercept that pass, we most likely lose to the depleted Ravens because Stafford put us in another hole.

I don't care which side of the fence you are on but you need to call it both ways. You cannot crucify Goff for his turnovers in this offense (he never had 4 pick sixes in a season) and then give Stafford a pass for his when they are both equally as bad. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

If Jordan Fuller doesn't intercept that pass, we most likely lose to the depleted Ravens because Stafford put us in another hole.

I don't care which side of the fence you are on but you need to call it both ways. You cannot crucify Goff for his turnovers in this offense (he never had 4 pick sixes in a season) and then give Stafford a pass for his when they are both equally as bad. 

Oh I can call it however I want. If you can't see the difference between the play of Goff and Stafford on the field and prefer to be a box score warrior then by all means, but there's 100% a difference in the outcome. In the last 5 years, I haven't had more confidence than this team winning a Superbowl than right now. 

Oh I can call it however I want. If you can't see the difference between the play of Goff and Stafford on the field and prefer to be a box score warrior then by all means, but there's 100% a difference in the outcome. In the last 5 years, I haven't had more confidence than this team winning a Superbowl than right now. 

You keep talking about the outcome and the fact that we won. We won in spite of Stafford on Sunday.  The defense won us that game and OBJ came in with the save (on another bad pass on 4th down).

I'm not saying Stafford is bad. I'm not saying he's worse than Goff because he isn't. That's just what you want to spin my posts into. I'm saying he is playing terribly lately and he needs to be better if we want to have a chance at winning 4 consecutive games against playoff caliber teams. You can call box score warrior or whatever unrelated defenses you want, but your change in attitude towards stupid turnovers over the course of a year is extremely hypocritical. 

• Like 1