Best slasher remake?

KManX89

Best slasher remake?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best '00s slasher remake?

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
    • Black Christmas (2006)
    • Halloween (2007)
    • My Bloody Valentine (2009)
    • Friday the 13th (2009)
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

What was the best '00s slasher remake?

As for me, TCM 2003, easily, it's the only tolerable of the bunch. Rob Zombie's Halloween started out decent and completely fell apart in the second half, the less said about NoES that turned Freddy into a pedophile and completely butchered his character in the process, the better, and the same holds true for the first Black Christmas remake (we don't talk about that 2019 one), Friday the 13th is a bland rehash and My Bloody Valentine, while a guilty pleasure with the 3D glasses thrown in for good measure (even for its home video versions, which was a cool gimmick), I know is not actually a good movie.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre meanwhile has brutal kills, Jessica Biel and a passable story, so that one.

Friday the 13th, even though that one was just ok.  I will say that the extended opening of that movie was the best thing in any Friday the 13th movie.  I was never a fan of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, I even thought the original from 74 was an ok movie.  I didn't care for Rob Zombie's Halloween 'reimagining' as he calls it.  My Bloody Valentine has some fun kills, not much else.  If I did see the 06 Black Christmas movie it' was years ago that I dont remember it(the 2019 movie is possibly the worst movie ever)  I hated the Elm Street remake.  I prefer Scream 4 over all these, and that one was a satire of the remake craze.