BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

@MD4L nice 74 yard pick six for Emerson

He’s had a good camp. It’s a battle for the #3 and #4 spots between him and AJ Greene, likely with Greedy being pushed hard but what’s interesting is that in Nickel situations Emerson would stay outside with Newsome playing the slot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Garrett!?

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

We will see.  Had some concentration issues today.

Probably.

I did draft him...

A good sign for Garrett was on the first or second play of the game, he ran an out route for an incompletion and still felt highly enough about the play to start running his mouth to the Eagles sideline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He’s had a good camp. It’s a battle for the #3 and #4 spots between him and AJ Greene, likely with Greedy being pushed hard but what’s interesting is that in Nickel situations Emerson would stay outside with Newsome playing the slot.

If he's battling for 3 and 4...but you have Ward, Newsome and Greedy already...how's that math work? Greedy out altogether?

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If he's battling for 3 and 4...but you have Ward, Newsome and Greedy already...how's that math work? Greedy out altogether?

The 3-5 spots are up for grabs and in my opinion, I think with Newsome and Ward as starters with Newsome’s ability to move to the slot, I believe Greedy will be the odd man out unless there are injuries or in 4 wide situations and go with 6 DB. Hard to say but that’s the indication from camp so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The 3-5 spots are up for grabs and in my opinion, I think with Newsome and Ward as starters with Newsome’s ability to move to the slot, I believe Greedy will be the odd man out unless there are injuries or in 4 wide situations and go with 6 DB. Hard to say but that’s the indication from camp so far.

I'll take this as purely speculation and wrong because it's not positive for my player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'll take this as purely speculation and wrong because it's not positive for my player.

Perhaps. However, Joe Woods is a Big Nickel Cover 3 and man guy as their DC. I’m envisioning a lot of Delpit and JJ3 as their S duo with JJ3 primarily in the box and JOK as their apex/hybrid/star position. When they go small to match, JOK goes inside to nickel or dime LB, and with Greedy’s shoulder injury that will never get better, that limits him to the outside and one side of the field, which is unfortunate because he played well last year and has good coverage grades…he just can’t tackle or hold up physically thus far.

So, Green and Emerson give them some length and physicality on the outside (Green is 6’2) opposite Ward who is lockdown with Newsome having the ability to play on the outside and in the slot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps. However, Joe Woods is a Big Nickel Cover 3 and man guy as their DC. I’m envisioning a lot of Delpit and JJ3 as their S duo with JJ3 primarily in the box and JOK as their apex/hybrid/star position. When they go small to match, JOK goes inside to nickel or dime LB, and with Greedy’s shoulder injury that will never get better, that limits him to the outside and one side of the field, which is unfortunate because he played well last year and has good coverage grades…he just can’t tackle or hold up physically thus far.

So, Green and Emerson give them some length and physicality on the outside (Green is 6’2) opposite Ward who is lockdown with Newsome having the ability to play on the outside and in the slot.

Again, don't like it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

A good sign for Garrett was on the first or second play of the game, he ran an out route for an incompletion and still felt highly enough about the play to start running his mouth to the Eagles sideline.

New York guy talking trash despite having absolutely no reason to?

He's adopting the culture at least.

• Like 2

Zach Wilson with a bone bruise and meniscus injury. Preseason done for him.

So just to make sure I’m getting all this right, Wilson is a smaller,  injury prone QB who relies on his legs and doesn’t have any outstanding traits throwing the ball with one year of college production that happened to be against lower levels of competition during the COVID year. Why did NFL teams think this guy was good, again?

Edited by Blue

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't think it counts as a tackle but it works.

I think it does on the stat sheet haha. Cus Jordan Davis touches him down next and he has no stats from the game. Was just creating things for others and relocating the line of scrimmage. Excited to watch those two together for hopefully a long time. All these training camp reports about Nakobe not flashing. It’s one preseason game but I knew once in game he was going to show up.

Side note who is lined up next to Davis? He just got washed out. Although by a double team.

• Like 1