BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

You were talking about spending in the shark tank at the same time, thought you were telling us to stand down.

In the midst of some real life setbacks, I’m kind of excited to have Sunday mornings to lock in on gameplans. Most of my work is done on the weekends and I usually edit gameplans up to 1 PM.

I just couldn’t to that at all last year unless I was working 4:05/SNF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

In the midst of some real life setbacks, I’m kind of excited to have Sunday mornings to lock in on gameplans. Most of my work is done on the weekends and I usually edit gameplans up to 1 PM.

I just couldn’t to that at all last year unless I was working 4:05/SNF.

Doing anything with the league this year?

Just now, Jlash said:

Doing anything with the league this year?

Probably not. I had all my sights set to repeat stats last year. Missed out on some good gigs. The only positions available right now are senior level gigs with 4-8 year prerequisites of experience wanted.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Probably not. I had all my sights set to repeat stats last year. Missed out on some good gigs. The only positions available right now are senior level gigs with 4-8 year prerequisites of experience wanted.

Anything happen to force the change? Sucks man. I know you spent time with the Eagles recently. Nothing came of it?

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Anything happen to force the change? Sucks man. I know you spent time with the Eagles recently. Nothing came of it?

Not really. It was a seasonal job ultimately. I definitely wanted to work there for a few years. Didn’t happen. I have a ton of contacts and respect w those guys still. 

The Eagles gig was great. I didn’t apply to anything bc I thought I’d be back w the NFL. I also wanted to remain in NY. 

I’ll land something good soon. Very confident about that. In 2-4 years, I’ll gladly leave the city and go about to aiming to work with a specific team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Not really. It was a seasonal job ultimately. I definitely wanted to work there for a few years. Didn’t happen. I have a ton of contacts and respect w those guys still. 

The Eagles gig was great. I didn’t apply to anything bc I thought I’d be back w the NFL. I also wanted to remain in NY. 

I’ll land something good soon. Very confident about that. In 2-4 years, I’ll gladly leave the city and go about to aiming to work with a specific team.

Go work with Denver and give me all the inside secrets 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Forgot to include Tyquan Thornton scoring a TD in week 1.

I will say we’re going to be rather aggressive on shark tank. Guys might make it less wise to make some moves. It’s a thrill to get any game film on them. We are reacting appropriately. Let’s see what they do with an eventual strong body of work.

That type one Thornton touchdown does not impress me because it was against 1 of the worst corners in the league

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

question: If you want to release a player not on a roster and get the cap space back, is it 1 year since he actually played a game or 1 year since he has been on an NFL roster?

One year since he's played and is currently a free agent