BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

question: If you want to release a player not on a roster and get the cap space back, is it 1 year since he actually played a game or 1 year since he has been on an NFL roster?

One year since he’s played but he has to be an IRL FA too. I believe 

• Like 2

This is all you can hope for out of the last pick in the draft. Opportunity. The rest is up to you kid.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said earlier this week that the tight end out of Coastal Carolina is "going to be a big part of the offense this year.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is all you can hope for out of the last pick in the draft.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said earlier this week that the tight end out of Coastal Carolina is "going to be a big part of the offense this year.”

Happy he’s looks like he’ll be able to overcome the below average testing. That’s why mid rounders can be tricky bc the film doesn’t lie.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Happy he’s looks like he’ll be able to overcome the below average testing. That’s why mid rounders can be tricky bc the film doesn’t lie.

And that’s why I have to credit Rack as I had said. I dropped him on my board due to it but he was a starred player for me based on the film. So Rack knew I was high on him before the testing and reminded me. I had to overlook the testing and go for the film. Did the same thing with Spiller. Usually 7th round picks are where you take a big swing on the athletic traits I feel like. I did the complete opposite with both of my picks this time. We shall see how it works out.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

And that’s why I have to credit Rack as I had said. I dropped him on my board due to it but he was a starred player for me based on the film. So Rack knew I was high on him before the testing and reminded me. I had to overlook the testing and go for the film. Did the same thing with Spiller. Usually 7th round picks are where you take a big swing on the athletic traits I feel like. I did the complete opposite with both of my picks this time. We shall see how it works out.

I strongly considered him for the mere fact he interviewed in some capacity with every team in the NFL. Quite a busy Spring season. Even from that perspective, teams were definitely scared off bc he fell in the draft too. 

The film was always there though and he’s performed admirably per reports so far. Not many better fits to be a TE2 then the Ravens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I strongly considered him for the mere fact he interviewed in some capacity with every team in the NFL. Quite a busy Spring season. Even from that perspective, teams were definitely scared off bc he fell in the draft too. 

The film was always there though and he’s performed admirably per reports so far. Not many better fits to be a TE2 then the Ravens.

He’s a film junkie as well apparently and a high character kid. He had everything except the testing numbers imo. Spiller showed some nice things in preseason week 1 also. He won’t ever be a home run back but he did very well pass blocking and had a nice snag on a catch behind him for a first. Excited to see how they develop. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I dont think there's been a prospect I've disliked more than Penning in a long while.

Only thing that dude is good at is being fake tough after the whistle.

He was really living up to that too in camp.

In other “tough guy” news I really am excited for the George Pickens and Marcus Peters matchups twice this year. Maybe we will get some of this. A whole lot of missed punches and a slam into the padded wall. Looks like a WWE match.