BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Haha Ekwonu got pancaked by Dugger but at least it resulted in a first down on the outside. And then he fails to pick up the stunt and gives up the sack. Then gets beat again on the outside for a sack. He looks like a UDFA. Time will tell but yuck. Probably should be a guard. He can maul in the run game but not sure he can hold up on the edge. Hopefully he improves. 

Does he have any penalties yet?

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Haha Ekwonu got pancaked by Dugger but at least it resulted in a first down on the outside. And then he fails to pick up the stunt and gives up the sack. Then gets beat again on the outside for a sack. He looks like a UDFA. Time will tell but yuck. Probably should be a guard. He can maul in the run game but not sure he can hold up on the edge. Hopefully he improves. 

I thought he needed to play guard his first year, then move outside down the line. Sticking him at left tackle on a bad offensive line with a new quarterback is pretty standard business for this Carolina front office + coaching staff combo, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I thought he needed to play guard his first year, then move outside down the line. Sticking him at left tackle on a bad offensive line with a new quarterback is pretty standard business for this Carolina front office + coaching staff combo, though.

Out of legitimate curiosity, who’s the last top 10 OL pick to get drafted as a tackle and moved inside year one before moving back outside? I don’t think the results are pretty. That’s more of what was done in the 90s early 200s.

Edited by MD4L

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Out of legitimate curiosity, who’s the last top 10 OL pick to get drafted as a tackle and moved inside year one before moving back outside? I don’t think the results are pretty. That’s more of what was done in the 90s early 200s.

How has starting guys like Greg Robinson and Ereck Flowers at tackle worked out?

Don't mistake teams' desperation for knowing something we don't. Teams don't sit their top 10 drafted QBs as rookies either, even though it obviously worked out well with Pat Mahomes.

29 minutes ago, Blue said:

Trial by fire I guess. We will see how he progresses. I always viewed him as project at T who needed time to work on his pass sets. He’s third string at LT for me currently barring injury as I never had any intention on playing him this year at LT unless I absolutely had to. Hopefully he can become something year 2 how Andrew Thomas became 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Trial by fire I guess. We will see how he progresses. I always viewed him as project at T who needed time to work on his pass sets. He’s third string at LT for me currently barring injury as I never had any intention on playing him this year at LT unless I absolutely had to. 

He looks better than Kolton Miller did as a rookie and that turned out well.

• Like 2

Just now, Ragnarok said:

He looks better than Kolton Miller did as a rookie and that turned out well.

I’m trying not to be too hard on him after my mistake of doing that with Chase last year at this time. It’s just difficult to watch my 9th overall pick give up two sacks even if it is his first start in preseason of his rookie year. I have an easier time of giving other teams strugglers a pass than my own.