BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

On paper, sure. I just don't buy into Russ making them automatically a playoff squad. I think their defense is fine, but not what a lot of others think, and I get the skepticism surrounding the Chargers, but if they go 3-3 in that division, that feels right to me.

Throw in a loaded AFC and some tough out of division opponents like the 49ers, Colts, Titans, Ravens, and Rams, and I could see them going anywhere from 12 wins to 8-9. Some of those other opponents are garbage like the Jaguars, Jets, Panthers, and Texans.

I can very easily find 9 wins and I think they could get to 11 without much of a stretch. Titans aren't that good and I think they miss the playoffs convincingly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

I can very easily find 9 wins and I think they could get to 11 without much of a stretch. Titans aren't that good and I think they miss the playoffs convincingly.

This is definitely fair enough, and I could conceivably see a HUGE downturn from Tennessee this year post A.J. getting traded and if Henry isn't "insane mode" good, they probably have a huge offensive dropoff.

They also get to play Houston and JAX 4 combined times and the ghost of Matt Ryan throwing the ball. I know people like to meme Wentz, but I really don't think Matt Ryan is an upgrade at all.

For the "Well look at how bad his WR and OL was" Matt Ryan arguments, let's also take a look at the lousy division that he played in and how clearly his physical tools have deteriorated.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/carson-wentz-matt-ryan.php

Ryan         Wentz

Passing  

Completions 375 322
Attempts 560 516
Percentage 67.0 62.4
Yards 3,968 3,563
Yds/Att 7.1 6.9
TD 20 27
INT 12 7
Sacked 40 32
  • Like 1

Oh yeah you're not getting any argument from me that Ryan is not a seismic upgrade from Wentz. But I do think he'll be good enough on a pretty good team and won't implode like Wentz did in Week 18 with playoffs on the line.

Don't forget Tennessee's perennially understaffed defense that doesn't have a pass rush now with Harold Landry out for the year. Arguably two of their five best players from last year's team aren't there anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I don't want to go into General so y'all are getting my NFL playoff picks here.

AFC

1. KC
2. BUF
3. CIN
4. IND
5. DEN
6. BAL
7. LV

NFC

1. GB
2. LA
3. TB
4. DAL
5. PHI
6. SF
7. NO

sure, I'll play and be totally wrong

1, Buff

2.  IND

3,  CIN

4.  KC

5.  BAL

6.  LAC

7.  DEN

NFC

1.  LA

2.  TB

3.  GB

4.  Phil

5.  NO

6.  MIN

7.  NYG (yes i know)

Edited by bcb1213
  • Like 1

Bengals are still going to be a contender. That wasn't a hockey run where your goalie carries you and players get hot at the right time. If the Ravens don't have their offense figured out outside Lamar running and passing to Andrews then it'll be a coast to the division title.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

They've won 38 games over the last three years, not including a Super Bowl and three AFC title game appearances. I'll believe they're not a top-2 seed in the AFC when I see it.

If you believe MVS is a comparable replacement for Hill and his 3,300+ yards and 35ish TDs and Kelce isn't a year older while now being the main focal point of defenses now AND a really hard schedule doesn't matter, good on ya mate.

I think they're still a great team but wouldn't blame them a bit for a small come down.

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

If you believe MVS is a comparable replacement for Hill and his 3,300+ yards and 35ish TDs and Kelce isn't a year older while now being the main focal point of defenses now AND a really hard schedule doesn't matter, good on ya mate.

I think they're still a great team but wouldn't blame them a bit for a small come down.

Y'all grossly overrate the value of a star wide receiver. Speaking of, their No. 2 receiver from last year (and several years prior) is probably the fourth-best receiver this season.

• Like 1

I’m not sure KC will be as explosive or entertaining,    I think they will be more consistent and sustain drives better though.     I don’t trust the hype of Juju yet,  though he’d be my favorite for top target after Kelce.     I actually think Jody Fortson will be a solid part of the offense this year.   When he plays, he definitely looks the part. 

Edited by RedGold