BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I'mma be honest, I don't think their schedule is some sort of nightmare either. Tampa Bay is visiting them early in the season with a beat-up offensive line. They get the NFC West, which I don't think is a great division. In the AFC they draw the worst/easiest division, the South. The Mahomes Chiefs are 3-1 against Josh Allen and the Bills. The division is definitely hard, but the Chargers are the Chargers and I think the Raiders are clearly the worst team despite probably winning both the AFC South and North.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Why? Legit question.

For as amazing as the trio of Mahomes/Kelce/Hill were,      Mahomes really struggled when those keys were taken away.    He would get so locked into finding Kelce/Hill,  that he would miss the simple plays and force things to them.   It got to the point where we would start using Hill more on the short passing game, because teams were just sitting deep and Mahomes wasn't able to hit him.    For as great as Hill is,   that is not his game.   I forgot the actually end total,  but I think 6-7 INT's of Mahomes last year were off of throws that bounced off the WR's hands.     4-5 of those were Hill in the short passing game.   That eventually evens out though,   as Mahomes throws even "should be" picks, that aren't actually picked off.   

My main reasoning,  is I think the WR core is more rounded.   Each WR brings something a little different,  and it will be harder to scheme against.      NOW that could completely backfire,  if Mahomes starts locking into a specific target again.  But that is on Mahomes.     I do believe he has a more rounded group to target in all areas of the field though.     That is not trying to take away how special Hill is and how much a defense has to account for him though,  I'm positive he will be missed.   

I really do believe Jody Fortson will help relieve some of the pressure on Kelce in the short/intermediate passing game though.   Maybe not so much in the stat sheet,  but I'm pretty positive he would be starting on a lot of teams (if he could just stay healthy).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just realized one amusing thing while reading this. When it comes to Alabama OL’s, I am virtually always an absolute fan boy, or an absolute hater in regards to their players. Almost no happy medium. I did love Dickerson, loved Ryan Kelly, and definitely thought Leatherwood was 3rd-4th round project. Didn’t like him honestly.

The last one to really prove me wrong, that I remember, was Chance Warmack. I loved him as a prospect. Him and the UNC guy both busted that year in the top 12. No debating the outcome. 

Also a sucker for the Iowa OLs. But I don’t believe my track record is quite as good at projecting them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

I’m not sure KC will be as explosive or entertaining,    I think they will be more consistent and sustain drives better though.  

You know what they need most for this to come true, is a little more consistency from CEH.

I do agree that a solid O-line, mixed with Mahomes’ ability to keep plays alive, combined with JuJu plus MVS plus Kelce plus CEH is worth more then just Kelce and Hill alone. So I think I agree with what you’re trying to say completely. Losing Hill might prove to be a blessing for them

20 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

You know what they need most for this to come true, is a little more consistency from CEH.

I do agree that a solid O-line, mixed with Mahomes’ ability to keep plays alive, combined with JuJu plus MVS plus Kelce plus CEH is worth more then just Kelce and Hill alone. So I think I agree with what you’re trying to say completely. Losing Hill might prove to be a blessing for them

CEH’s issues are health, pass pro, and he sucks in RPO’s.  He’d be a threat in the passing game, but Andy hardly has him out there cuz he can’t protect.     

He’s a pretty good back when he knows he’s getting the ball tho.     I think McKinnon will see the field just as much because he fairs better in RPO’s and understands the protections.