BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Anyways, unrelated to anything at all, wherever Pro Football Reference is getting their pass coverage stats for defensive backs is hilarious. According to their numbers, every single Ravens defensive back and off-ball linebacker gave up a 100% catch rate on Sunday.

Now, I wasn't watching that game at all, so I don't know what happened there. However, you might reasonably be wondering: "how is that even mathematically possible, given Flacco only completed 62% of his passes? Who was covering Corey Davis, Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Braxton Berrios on the combined 11 passes that were thrown to them and not completed?"

And that's a valid question! But more to the point, how does one explain Marcus Williams had an interception in that game but is still credited as allowing 10 of 10 passes to be completed into his coverage? Does not the fact that a ball was not completed to the opposing offense, and indeed resulted in a turnover, necessarily mean that at least one pass in his direction was not completed? These are the kinds of questions the universe will never answer.

I noticed some editing to these as well. Yesterday Mykal Walker gave up 3 catches on 3 targets for -2 yards today it’s 4 on 4 for 13 yards. Next gen stats has Jaylon Johnson not even being targeted. PFR has Jaylon Johnson giving up 2 catches on 4 targets for 28 yards. It’s hard to find consistency across these sites. 

• Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I noticed some editing to these as well. Yesterday Mykal Walker gave up 3 catches on 3 targets for -2 yards today it’s 4 on 4 for 13 yards. Next gen stats has Jaylon Johnson not even being targeted. PFR has Jaylon Johnson giving up 2 catches on 4 targets for 28 yards. It’s hard to find consistency across these sites. 

I'm tempted to tweet the account of the place PFR gets their Advanced Stats from and ask them about it, because I genuinely think this is hilarious and want to know wtf is going on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I love it when Blue spews enough negativity that a team goes out and addresses the position of weakness he is talking about. Someone trade me a QB!!!! Blue is blueing me!

Just now, Scoundrel said:

That’s a steal of a trade for you @Pickle Rick

Agreed, a 6th and a bunch of roster filler for Poyer and Gibson? Highway robbery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I love it when Blue spews enough negativity that a team goes out and addresses the position of weakness he is talking about. Someone trade me a QB!!!! Blue is blueing me!

It was a deal that has been worked on for a bit.  Kinda started for Gibson and then morphed into what it ended as.  I've known I needed a second safety since Harris got cut.  I angrily disagree with anyone saying you have to have 2 to win though.  May still only play 1 just to send a message 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

It was a deal that has been worked on for a bit.  Kinda started for Gibson and then morphed into what it ended as.  I've known I needed a second safety since Harris got cut.  I angrily disagree with anyone saying you have to have 2 to win though.  May still only play 1 just to send a message 

If the message is "don't vote for Pickle," I promise it will be well-received

(but your team is too good to do that to yourself, don't)