BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Blue said:

Cool, would you recommend I start Zyon McCollum, who didn't play at all Week 1 due to injury, or should I roll with Darius Phillips, who got cut from the team he played for in the preseason and is now the legitimate fifth corner in Denver?

Sorry for going with a guy I know can play regardless of what his IRL playing time is.

I don't recall specifically but I'm pretty sure at least one was, that was why I inquired on him at all.

That is **** luck and I feel for you but it happens in any leagues like this, fantasy leagues and IRL. Sometimes you just get screwed with depth. Maybe get creative and start a corner with some experience. Didn't you trade for a guy too? Listen, all I'm saying this time is calm down and choose who you get upset at. **** happens.

Just now, LAOJoe said:

That is **** luck and I feel for you but it happens in any leagues like this, fantasy leagues and IRL. Sometimes you just get screwed with depth. Maybe get creative and start a corner with some experience. Didn't you trade for a guy too? Listen, all I'm saying this time is calm down and choose who you get upset at. **** happens.

As I was saying earlier some teams may not want to sell their depth so they don't get in a situation similar to yours later in the season.

Edited by LAOJoe

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Yeah, I did just trade for a guy, but frankly we needed to do that anyways because we are terribly thin at corner. Michael Davis was very obviously not my first choice at corner, given how much I bid on Rasul Douglas before having to tap out of the bidding there.

But you know what else? He's a proven starter. He can play. He has been for three years. But he doesn't play for one game because his IRL team has two other really good corners on the boundary and suddenly he's dog****? Give me a break. Sorry for assuming y'all could look at how a guy played a week before and decide how he would perform the next week barring injury.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yeah, I did just trade for a guy, but frankly we needed to do that anyways because we are terribly thin at corner. Michael Davis was very obviously not my first choice at corner, given how much I bid on Rasul Douglas before having to tap out of the bidding there.

But you know what else? He's a proven starter. He can play. He has been for three years. But he doesn't play for one game because his IRL team has two other really good corners on the boundary and suddenly he's dog****? Give me a break. Sorry for assuming y'all could look at how a guy played a week before and decide how he would perform the next week barring injury.

How quickly you forget how I got crushed for starting Juan Thornhill last year.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Like I said we know what happened BC it was Thursday, you just can't start him knowing that. Put him on the bench and be happy you got a decent bench guy. Best you can do.

Just now, LAOJoe said:

Like I said we know what happened BC it was Thursday, you just can't start him knowing that. Put him on the bench and be happy you got a decent bench guy. Best you can do.

yeah, I'm sure Jack Jones was going to fare a whole bunch better with voters than a guy with 40 starts over the last three years

I don't even remember how we got on to talking about Michael ******* Davis and I don't care to go back and look.

I just hope all of you have to one day take over a BDL team in Week 2 of the season that didn't spend a dime in free agency or Shark Tank and barely has enough players to field a starting lineup, then listen to the rest of the league lecture you on you should have gotten a better starter than a 27 year old with 40 starts over the last three seasons.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

yeah, I'm sure Jack Jones was going to fare a whole bunch better with voters than a guy with 40 starts over the last three years

It's a similar reason Beckham and JPP can't start. It wasn't like he was injured. As far as I know you can have your QB play 1 snap then die and he will be treated like he was healthy for the game. But just special teams is a bad look. If it happened on a Sunday some people, not all as I can't speak for everyone, would know he played how he did last week and last year and consider that, but with the knowledge you have from Thursday, people will jump at you for still starting him despite that. Just try to use your other positions to fill the gaps. Every team seems to have done that to some extent.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I don't even remember how we got on to talking about Michael ******* Davis and I don't care to go back and look.

I just hope all of you have to one day take over a BDL team in Week 2 of the season that didn't spend a dime in free agency or Shark Tank and barely has enough players to field a starting lineup.

I’d much prefer to take over a talented BDL roster and run it into the ground with Pete Carroll style trades.

Thank you very much!

• Like 2