BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

The goalposts are firmly fixed in the ground, not my fault your kicker can't boot it through the uprights

Considering I'm the closest thing our team has to a kicker, I probably cannot without pulling something.

Originally you were saying that you shouldn't be dinged for playing a RL backup.  I showed where you dinged me for playing a RL backup.  Yours is a backup due to not being as good as the guys in front of him.  Mine was a backup cause it took him a while to get back from an injury and Spags is a stubborn moron.  You are now saying that you shoudn't be dinged cause your situation is different.  You're adding qualifiers to change the discussion point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Originally you were saying that you shouldn't be dinged for playing a RL backup.  I showed where you dinged me for playing a RL backup.  Yours is a backup due to not being as good as the guys in front of him.  Mine was a backup cause it took him a while to get back from an injury and Spags is a stubborn moron.  You are now saying that you shoudn't be dinged cause your situation is different.  You're adding qualifiers to change the discussion point.

Nope.

I think you're getting confused, because Thornhill tore his ACL during his rookie year. He started the first six games the next season before losing the starting job, and went back to the bench early last season because of his performance. If you want to claim that he wasn't at 100% and that's why he wasn't playing well, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that he was benched because he wasn't playing well.

Again, none of this relevant unless you really want to make the argument that Daniel Sorensen is the same caliber of player as JC Jackson and Asante Samuel Jr. Otherwise you may as well be saying "Aaron Rodgers playing behind Brett Favre is the same as Cooper Rush playing behind Dak Prescott."

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Nope.

I think you're getting confused, because Thornhill tore his ACL during his rookie year. He started the first six games the next season before losing the starting job, and went back to the bench early last season because of his performance. If you want to claim that he wasn't at 100% and that's why he wasn't playing well, fine, but that doesn't change the fact that he was benched because he wasn't playing well.

Again, none of this relevant unless you really want to make the argument that Daniel Sorensen is the same caliber of player as JC Jackson and Asante Samuel Jr. Otherwise you may as well be saying "Aaron Rodgers playing behind Brett Favre is the same as Cooper Rush playing behind Dak Prescott."

He tore the ACL at the very end of his rookie year, didn't look right his sophomore year or the start of his third year which is why he stayed on the bench.  And because Spags had a random hard on for Sorenson and some other vets who didn't need to be playing.

If Davis was as good as you claim, the Chargers would have had Asante slide into the slot in 3 WR sets like he did last year.  So I'd view Davis as worse than Callahan, not just Jackson and Samuel.

Bottom line is, if you're gonna hold it against others, expect the same in return because its the same situation.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

If Davis was as good as you claim, the Chargers would have had Asante slide into the slot in 3 WR sets like he did last year.  So I'd view Davis as worse than Callahan, not just Jackson and Samuel.

Bottom line is, if you're gonna hold it against others, expect the same in return because its the same situation.

No, the reasonable conclusion to draw from that is that the Chargers didn't trust Samuel or Jackson in the slot for one game.

It's not the same situation, lol. Repeating it over and over again doesn't change the fact that Thornhill objectively wasn't good the past two years.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

tbd-tbdsoup.gif

Honestly I don't really see the Bama QB or Richardson being a 1st round pick at this point 

I also think Orca told me something about the FL coaches calling the games scared bc Richardson is like the only QB on the roster or something like that 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

tbd-tbdsoup.gif

Honestly I don't really see the Bama QB or Richardson being a 1st round pick at this point 

I think this QB class is pretty bad at this point. Maybe somebody changes my mind over the course of the season but I don't see an elite prospect yet.