BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Agreed boneless are not wings. However, bluecheese... I've given it a shot, on more than one occasion, and each and every time it is absolutely disgusting. How can anyone enjoy bluecheese? Do people not have taste buds?

6w43p4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

If I'm ordering steak at some place that I don't know or don't trust very well I'll order it medium. Otherwise medium-rare. If I'm like at an actual good, real steak place I'll get it rare.

52 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I grew up with a medium-well and sometimes even well done family so I still have some mental training to do to get the idea out of my head about "blood" and stuff like that. I never was huge on steak and then I started eating it like medium and medium-rare and I was like oh, that's why people love steak so much.

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

41 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tv Drama Yes GIF by Mammoth Screen

To clarify, I prefer ketchup as a condiment with other stuff.

On fries with malt vinegar.

On a burger with mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion.

On hot dog with mustard but chili cheese dog is best.

Itll work on its own in a pinch.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

If I'm ordering steak at some place that I don't know or don't trust very well I'll order it medium. Otherwise medium-rare. If I'm like at an actual good, real steak place I'll get it rare.

For me, the leaner the cut, the rarer i get it, but never over a medium-rare.  A super lean cut ill get blue rare if I can.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

To clarify, I prefer ketchup as a condiment with other stuff.

On fries with malt vinegar.

On a burger with mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion.

On hot dog with mustard but chili cheese dog is best.

Itll work on its own in a pinch.

Malt vinegar is acceptable, but I prefer the Lowry seasoned salt as just a dry rub/slight sprinkle after.

I don't do mayo on a burger. If someone orders one for me, assume that I've been kidnapped.

Chili cheese is the best, agreed. A brat or met is better, but that's just me.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Malt vinegar is acceptable, but I prefer the Lowry seasoned salt as just a dry rub/slight sprinkle after.

I don't do mayo on a burger. If someone orders one for me, assume that I've been kidnapped.

Chili cheese is the best, agreed. A brat or met is better, but that's just me.

Brat with grain mustard and onion on potato bun is the best way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For me, the leaner the cut, the rarer i get it, but never over a medium-rare.  A super lean cut ill get blue rare if I can.

I personally go Medium Rare +. Cook it to 130 degrees. I mostly get lean cuts of steak just due to eating healthy and evaluating calories...but a ribye is next level awesome.

BDL Mock Draft 3.0

Round 1
1. Gotham Gashslayers - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama - Trey Lance still has tons of potential and Mac Jones is a decent enough quarterback but regardless of who is running this team, it's a different regime than the one who picked those guys. Quarterback play is the most important thing and when you're in position to pick one who you think could be a star, you pull the trigger. Worst case scenario if more than one guy works out you've got trade bait.

2. Hungary Hippos - Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama - I was almost tempted to go quarterback here because Dak Prescott costs $30,000 a year. While that's very expensive, Prescott is still a good quarterback and I think Hungary continues to build around him. As long as I've been back in this league Hungary has lacked a true premier pass rusher and so they remedy that by grabbing Will Anderson.

3. Seoul Dragons - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State - Do I think Russell Wilson is completely cooked? No. Has he been playing well? Also no. I think it would be perfectly fine in this situation for Seoul to stick with Wilson and pick a non-quarterback here. But this is a team that's made 16 and 17 draft picks in the last two drafts, respectively. He's got young talent and potential all over the roster at most positions outside of quarterback. Wilson could very well get back to form but for if he looks like this the rest of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see Seoul go quarterback here.

4. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky - Berlin took two quarterbacks in the last draft so he could look elsewhere with this pick but neither of those guys has done anything so far and are more project type players. Many also view Levis as a project player but his physical tools are very strong. I'm not personally sure he's a top 5 type guy but from what I've heard from draft sources I trust, NFL teams are salivating over the tools and it's more likely than not he'll go high at this point. I think Berlin adds another quarterback to their pool and hope that one of them works out.

5. Greenland Polar Bears - Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia - This feels like a perfect fit for a sneaky talented Greenland team who has had some unfortunate injury issues to keep them high in the draft order. One of the biggest holes on their roster is interior depth and talent beyond DeForest Buckner. Carter could be the most talented non-quarterback in this class so getting him at the back end of the top 5 is nice. 

6. Anchorage Trappers (from Lancaster) - Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson - Anchorage has a lot of solid depth and spot starter type pass rushers locked up long term. They could probably get by with a guy like Sam Hubbard as one of their starters. With the number of picks they have though, they can afford to use one on a potential star pass rushing partner across from Aidan Hutchinson. 

7. Cuba Smugglers - Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - The Smugglers have a number of offensive lineman on expiring contracts and won't be able to bring everyone back. On top of that, Mekhi Becton just can't stay healthy. Skoronski is a good player but may end up being a guard at the next level which could be fine with Cuba as they're just going to need bodies at various spots on the offensive line after this season. Skoronski's versatility could be very appealing to them.

8. Anchorage Trappers (from Singapore) - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State - Anchorage is a team with serious BizzBowl aspirations and yet, as always, they have multiple top 10 picks as well. The Trappers have no wide receivers signed beyond this season other than Ja'Marr Chase and Jameson Williams. A potentially dangerous duo but more could certainly help at the position. Smith-Njigba is my current leader in a very tight race for the top receiver in the class.

9. Cancun Kaiju - Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson - Cancun has two guys signed past this season on the interior defensive line. Those guys are Jonathan Allen and Travis Jones, who could provide a formidable duo. They could use more of a penetrator though and so they add Bresee here.

10. Flint Tropics - Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame - The only EDGE player that Flint has signed past this season is Chase Winovich. Obviously (I assume), Nick Bosa will be back but Flint could be looking for a guy to play across from him. 

11. Gotham Gashslayers (from Death Valley) - Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame - Gotham just traded away the $17,500 man, George Kittle. Drafting a young quarterback early, it's always good to provide them with weapons or protection. Mayer seems a good fit here for the team who will need some receiving options for next year.

12. Raleigh Firebirds - Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia - Raleigh is going to be very thin at the cornerback position next season and could get their pick of the group here. Ringo is at the top of a solid but not very top-heavy group.

13. Rome Eternals - Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State - Rome took Bernhard Raimann to be the heir apparent to Tyron Smith but he's looked rough so far. Certainly possible he turns it around before the end of the year but so far he's not someone you can count on. Nor can you count on Tyron Smith at this point with all of his injuries. Enter Johnson, who is not a fully polished product, have moved to left tackle full-time only this year, but he's got all of the tools you want in a franchise left tackle and has played well so far.

14. Anchorage Trappers - Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson - I think a team can certainly get by with starting players like Isaiah Simmons or Kenneth Murray at lineback, neither are terrible. But neither have played up to their potential fully yet either. With an abundance of picks and few strong needs, Anchorage grabs Simpson here to pair with Micah Parsons.

15. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas - For a team that right now has a top 5 pick, Berlin actually has what I think could be a fairly competitive squad. They really need to figure out the quarterback position but beyond that they could also use a running back that isn't more of a complimentary piece kind of guy. Robinson can really do it all and is a great prospect despite his unfortunate position. He would certainly help lighten the load for Levis/Willis/Corral.

16. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (from Camden) - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - Terry McLaurin and Amon-Ra St. Brown are both great receivers but we all know that in this league, you need at least 3 solid receivers who can start for you. Chase Claypool just hasn't lived up to the promise of his rookie season and is an expiring contract besides. Ivory Coast does what Aaron Rodgers' real team refuses to do and drafts a wide receiver high in the draft.

Round 2
1. Gotham Gashslayers - Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech - The top three EDGE players on Gotham's depth chart all came from the Shark Tank and will be free agents next offseason. They have two young, promising players in A.J. Epenesa and Arnold Ebiketie but pass rusher is a position where it's always better to have more. Wilson has some very intriguing athletic tools that give him really nice upside. Worth the gamble for a Gotham team with a ton of early picks.

2. Hungary Hippos - Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Hungary's secondary is decent but lacks a true #1 option at cornerback. Gonzalez transferred from Colorado and has been playing very well for Oregon so far. He was one of the only bright spots in their blowout loss to Georgia. He's got really good size and athletic ability and could be a real #1 guy at the next level.

3. Seoul Dragons - Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU - Regardless of whether Seoul sticks with Russell Wilson or goes with a rookie quarterback, they need more receiving help. Rashod Bateman and George Pickens both seem to be progressing into good players but having a star receiver never hurts.

4. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia - Za'Darius Smith will be a free agent this offseason. Berlin has some guys who could step up into that role, but he'll still need some depth and rotation guy for the position.

5. Greenland Polar Bears - Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M - Both of Greenland's starting safeties will be free agents after the season. Their only other play at the position is a practice squad player. They certainly need help here. Antonio Johnson is a versatile and athletic player that can fill multiple roles in the secondary, making him useful for a team creating their safety room from scratch at the end of the year.

6. Gotham Gashslayers (from Singapore) - Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor - Gotham needs to find a long-term partner for Chris Jones on the interior of his defensive line. Ika is a big nose tackle type guy but with some movement skills. Like with many run stopper, big body defensive tackles from the past few years, time will tell if evaluators think his skill-set is worth taking this high however.

7. Cuba Smugglers - Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State - While Cuba has some nice pieces at cornerback, I don't know that they have anyone who can be a true shutdown guy. Porter has stepped up his play this year and risen his stock firmly to the first round.

8. Anchorage Trappers (from Lancaster) - Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina - Anchorage and having young, promising cornerback talent on their roster; name a more iconic duo. Anchorage loves to be deep with young talent at this position and with Denzel Ward not playing to his usual level and being on an expiring deal, Anchorage could look to add another body to the group.

9. Cancun Kaiju - Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah - The third corner taken in a row here, Phillips fills a hole for a Cancun team with some really nice complementary pieces at the position but no true #1 guy. Phillips size will be a concern but he's a tough player with athleticism and ball skills.

10. Gotham Gashslayers (from Flint) - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama - Having Clyde Edwards-Helaire as your #1 back just doesn't seem like a recipe for success, especially when all of your quarterbacks are younger guys. Jahmyr Gibbs will be a familiar face for Bryce Young and provides a lot of versatility as both a runner and receiver.

11. Death Valley Nightmare - Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama - Unfortunately Zaven Collins hasn't quite lived up to expectations. This may be higher on To'o To'o than someone because he doesn't have those elite athletic skills but I love his instincts and nose for the ball.

12. Raleigh Firebirds - Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU - Raleigh has been looking to move Davante Adams but even if he doesn't and re-signs him, he could use more receiving options for Kyler Murray.

13. Rome Eternals - Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army - All of Rome's pass rushers will be free agents next year besides Jaelan Phillips and George Karlaftis. That's a good duo to build with but adding another body to the mix certainly wouldn't hurt.

14. Anchorage Trappers - Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida - Ed Oliver and Vita Vea are both free agents after this season, leaving Jordan Davis as the start of the Anchorage defensive line. It's likely/possible that one of them will be brought back but if not Dexter provides a nice complement to Jordan Davis.

15. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) - O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida - Torrence feels like a Berlin pick. A big people mover from the SEC? Torrence would be a huge help to Levis and Robinson.

16. Anchorage Trappers (from Camden) - Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee - Anchorage loves stacking up their depth and their wide receivers will be looking a little thin after this season. They add another guy with some good potential to the corps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 3.0

Round 1
1. Gotham Gashslayers - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama - Trey Lance still has tons of potential and Mac Jones is a decent enough quarterback but regardless of who is running this team, it's a different regime than the one who picked those guys. Quarterback play is the most important thing and when you're in position to pick one who you think could be a star, you pull the trigger. Worst case scenario if more than one guy works out you've got trade bait.

2. Hungary Hippos - Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama - I was almost tempted to go quarterback here because Dak Prescott costs $30,000 a year. While that's very expensive, Prescott is still a good quarterback and I think Hungary continues to build around him. As long as I've been back in this league Hungary has lacked a true premier pass rusher and so they remedy that by grabbing Will Anderson.

3. Seoul Dragons - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State - Do I think Russell Wilson is completely cooked? No. Has he been playing well? Also no. I think it would be perfectly fine in this situation for Seoul to stick with Wilson and pick a non-quarterback here. But this is a team that's made 16 and 17 draft picks in the last two drafts, respectively. He's got young talent and potential all over the roster at most positions outside of quarterback. Wilson could very well get back to form but for if he looks like this the rest of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see Seoul go quarterback here.

4. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky - Berlin took two quarterbacks in the last draft so he could look elsewhere with this pick but neither of those guys has done anything so far and are more project type players. Many also view Levis as a project player but his physical tools are very strong. I'm not personally sure he's a top 5 type guy but from what I've heard from draft sources I trust, NFL teams are salivating over the tools and it's more likely than not he'll go high at this point. I think Berlin adds another quarterback to their pool and hope that one of them works out.

5. Greenland Polar Bears - Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia - This feels like a perfect fit for a sneaky talented Greenland team who has had some unfortunate injury issues to keep them high in the draft order. One of the biggest holes on their roster is interior depth and talent beyond DeForest Buckner. Carter could be the most talented non-quarterback in this class so getting him at the back end of the top 5 is nice. 

6. Anchorage Trappers (from Lancaster) - Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson - Anchorage has a lot of solid depth and spot starter type pass rushers locked up long term. They could probably get by with a guy like Sam Hubbard as one of their starters. With the number of picks they have though, they can afford to use one on a potential star pass rushing partner across from Aidan Hutchinson. 

7. Cuba Smugglers - Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - The Smugglers have a number of offensive lineman on expiring contracts and won't be able to bring everyone back. On top of that, Mekhi Becton just can't stay healthy. Skoronski is a good player but may end up being a guard at the next level which could be fine with Cuba as they're just going to need bodies at various spots on the offensive line after this season. Skoronski's versatility could be very appealing to them.

8. Anchorage Trappers (from Singapore) - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State - Anchorage is a team with serious BizzBowl aspirations and yet, as always, they have multiple top 10 picks as well. The Trappers have no wide receivers signed beyond this season other than Ja'Marr Chase and Jameson Williams. A potentially dangerous duo but more could certainly help at the position. Smith-Njigba is my current leader in a very tight race for the top receiver in the class.

9. Cancun Kaiju - Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson - Cancun has two guys signed past this season on the interior defensive line. Those guys are Jonathan Allen and Travis Jones, who could provide a formidable duo. They could use more of a penetrator though and so they add Bresee here.

10. Flint Tropics - Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame - The only EDGE player that Flint has signed past this season is Chase Winovich. Obviously (I assume), Nick Bosa will be back but Flint could be looking for a guy to play across from him. 

11. Gotham Gashslayers (from Death Valley) - Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame - Gotham just traded away the $17,500 man, George Kittle. Drafting a young quarterback early, it's always good to provide them with weapons or protection. Mayer seems a good fit here for the team who will need some receiving options for next year.

12. Raleigh Firebirds - Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia - Raleigh is going to be very thin at the cornerback position next season and could get their pick of the group here. Ringo is at the top of a solid but not very top-heavy group.

13. Rome Eternals - Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State - Rome took Bernhard Raimann to be the heir apparent to Tyron Smith but he's looked rough so far. Certainly possible he turns it around before the end of the year but so far he's not someone you can count on. Nor can you count on Tyron Smith at this point with all of his injuries. Enter Johnson, who is not a fully polished product, have moved to left tackle full-time only this year, but he's got all of the tools you want in a franchise left tackle and has played well so far.

14. Anchorage Trappers - Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson - I think a team can certainly get by with starting players like Isaiah Simmons or Kenneth Murray at lineback, neither are terrible. But neither have played up to their potential fully yet either. With an abundance of picks and few strong needs, Anchorage grabs Simpson here to pair with Micah Parsons.

15. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas - For a team that right now has a top 5 pick, Berlin actually has what I think could be a fairly competitive squad. They really need to figure out the quarterback position but beyond that they could also use a running back that isn't more of a complimentary piece kind of guy. Robinson can really do it all and is a great prospect despite his unfortunate position. He would certainly help lighten the load for Levis/Willis/Corral.

16. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (from Camden) - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - Terry McLaurin and Amon-Ra St. Brown are both great receivers but we all know that in this league, you need at least 3 solid receivers who can start for you. Chase Claypool just hasn't lived up to the promise of his rookie season and is an expiring contract besides. Ivory Coast does what Aaron Rodgers' real team refuses to do and drafts a wide receiver high in the draft.

Round 2
1. Gotham Gashslayers - Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech - The top three EDGE players on Gotham's depth chart all came from the Shark Tank and will be free agents next offseason. They have two young, promising players in A.J. Epenesa and Arnold Ebiketie but pass rusher is a position where it's always better to have more. Wilson has some very intriguing athletic tools that give him really nice upside. Worth the gamble for a Gotham team with a ton of early picks.

2. Hungary Hippos - Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Hungary's secondary is decent but lacks a true #1 option at cornerback. Gonzalez transferred from Colorado and has been playing very well for Oregon so far. He was one of the only bright spots in their blowout loss to Georgia. He's got really good size and athletic ability and could be a real #1 guy at the next level.

3. Seoul Dragons - Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU - Regardless of whether Seoul sticks with Russell Wilson or goes with a rookie quarterback, they need more receiving help. Rashod Bateman and George Pickens both seem to be progressing into good players but having a star receiver never hurts.

4. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia - Za'Darius Smith will be a free agent this offseason. Berlin has some guys who could step up into that role, but he'll still need some depth and rotation guy for the position.

5. Greenland Polar Bears - Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M - Both of Greenland's starting safeties will be free agents after the season. Their only other play at the position is a practice squad player. They certainly need help here. Antonio Johnson is a versatile and athletic player that can fill multiple roles in the secondary, making him useful for a team creating their safety room from scratch at the end of the year.

6. Gotham Gashslayers (from Singapore) - Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor - Gotham needs to find a long-term partner for Chris Jones on the interior of his defensive line. Ika is a big nose tackle type guy but with some movement skills. Like with many run stopper, big body defensive tackles from the past few years, time will tell if evaluators think his skill-set is worth taking this high however.

7. Cuba Smugglers - Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State - While Cuba has some nice pieces at cornerback, I don't know that they have anyone who can be a true shutdown guy. Porter has stepped up his play this year and risen his stock firmly to the first round.

8. Anchorage Trappers (from Lancaster) - Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina - Anchorage and having young, promising cornerback talent on their roster; name a more iconic duo. Anchorage loves to be deep with young talent at this position and with Denzel Ward not playing to his usual level and being on an expiring deal, Anchorage could look to add another body to the group.

9. Cancun Kaiju - Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah - The third corner taken in a row here, Phillips fills a hole for a Cancun team with some really nice complementary pieces at the position but no true #1 guy. Phillips size will be a concern but he's a tough player with athleticism and ball skills.

10. Gotham Gashslayers (from Flint) - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama - Having Clyde Edwards-Helaire as your #1 back just doesn't seem like a recipe for success, especially when all of your quarterbacks are younger guys. Jahmyr Gibbs will be a familiar face for Bryce Young and provides a lot of versatility as both a runner and receiver.

11. Death Valley Nightmare - Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama - Unfortunately Zaven Collins hasn't quite lived up to expectations. This may be higher on To'o To'o than someone because he doesn't have those elite athletic skills but I love his instincts and nose for the ball.

12. Raleigh Firebirds - Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU - Raleigh has been looking to move Davante Adams but even if he doesn't and re-signs him, he could use more receiving options for Kyler Murray.

13. Rome Eternals - Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army - All of Rome's pass rushers will be free agents next year besides Jaelan Phillips and George Karlaftis. That's a good duo to build with but adding another body to the mix certainly wouldn't hurt.

14. Anchorage Trappers - Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida - Ed Oliver and Vita Vea are both free agents after this season, leaving Jordan Davis as the start of the Anchorage defensive line. It's likely/possible that one of them will be brought back but if not Dexter provides a nice complement to Jordan Davis.

15. Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) - O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida - Torrence feels like a Berlin pick. A big people mover from the SEC? Torrence would be a huge help to Levis and Robinson.

16. Anchorage Trappers (from Camden) - Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee - Anchorage loves stacking up their depth and their wide receivers will be looking a little thin after this season. They add another guy with some good potential to the corps.

Save Them All I Love You GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

• Like 1

At this point in time, no chance we pass on Michael Mayer.

As far as CB goes, I think you're forgetting Tre'davious White, who should be coming back off IR soon. Not that we don't need another guy there, just that we do in fact have a #1.

Edited by Blue

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

At this point in time, no chance we pass on Michael Mayer.

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

As far as CB goes, I think you're forgetting Tre'davious White, who should be coming back off IR soon. Not that we don't need another guy there, just that we do in fact have a #1.

*Monologue rant incoming*

• Like 2