BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Can I get a fire Zac Taylor petition going or at least one to demote him from play calling. When your offense is almost always running when under center and then almost always passing when in shotgun you’re just giving tells to the defense. And then you have Joe Mixon tipping the defense based on his stance if it’s run or pass. Recipe for disaster. Maybe the oline would actually improve their play if these things changed or at least win more of their assignments.

I think it's funny that he has zero clue how to scheme Chase open with the defenses that they're seeing doubling him. Sure, Higgins is able to reciprocate/make up for it, and Boyd can sometimes take advantage, but there's no nuance at all. 

Too many downfield passes.

Too many predictable runs.

Burrow holds onto the ball too long since the OL can't hold up and guys are covered.

Joe Mixon is also the most overrated RB in the NFL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

After two weeks where my opponent has put together a defense seemingly designed to give up as many points as humanly possible to the exact offensive game plan I put together, I'm done with anything resembling in-depth. It's grossly obvious people don't read them, and even if they do, they just completely make **** up that contradicts what is actually said in it.

And there's no ******* pleasing some of y'all. Back to back weeks, "too many pics" *takes pics out* "not enough pics!" Complaining that gameplans are too long and also complaining they aren't specific enough. Then I have ******* wwhickok getting passive-aggressive because somebody asks a question about my gameplan and I answer it.

Bull**** like this is why I hate doing writeups at all. You don't want to read the writeups and just do fantasy football, fine, at least have the decency to say so. It's brutally obvious that's what some of you are doing. It's not worth my time or energy coming up with anything vaguely creative for a game plan if I know half the league is either going to not read it or invent something out of whole cloth that they decide I'm doing/not doing, then defend their made-up nonsense to the death when I point out they're wrong.

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

I actually agree though with the basis of this post.

Normalize short, to the point gameplans. Longer isn't better. The standard shouldn't be reading 16 football manifestos each week. I don't have the time or attention span for that mess, let alone the time to sit down and craft one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue said:

After two weeks where my opponent has put together a defense seemingly designed to give up as many points as humanly possible to the exact offensive game plan I put together, I'm done with anything resembling in-depth. It's grossly obvious people don't read them, and even if they do, they just completely make **** up that contradicts what is actually said in it.

Two points I'd like to make...

1.  There are times when even if someone has a very good gameplan, I have voted against them because I don't think they have the ability to execute it as well as the other team can execute their gameplan.

2.  Sometimes it is difficult to piece together what the goal is or what people mean.  I know I've misinterpreted a gameplan more than once.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

I actually agree though with the basis of this post.

Normalize short, to the point gameplans. Longer isn't better. The standard shouldn't be reading 16 football manifestos each week. I don't have the time or attention span for that mess, let alone the time to sit down and craft one.

While I agree with the premise of your argument the thing is when I 1st joined the game plans were shorter daughter and then people complain about the lack of detail the lack of covering all your bases. So then they got longer, And now people are complaining about that

I will say this with all due respect to everyone, The addition of 15 diagrams for 20 memes in your gameplan does not make it better it makes it worse, It's also probably a large reason to why some people don't even bother reading them. I've been guilty of this too, I tried to make sure that if I'm included any images it's before the actual game plan section.

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think it's funny that he has zero clue how to scheme Chase open with the defenses that they're seeing doubling him. Sure, Higgins is able to reciprocate/make up for it, and Boyd can sometimes take advantage, but there's no nuance at all. 

Burrow holds onto the ball too long since the OL can't hold up and guys are covered.

Taylor and Arthur Smith would be getting coal from me for Christmas 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This right here perfectly explains why I'm always harping on people to look at the structure of our BDL roster and do not exclusivelylookvat  the production Of players on their real life roster. Ideally people will find a happy medium between the 2 because in some cases and frankly many cases our rosters here are better than IRL because we we're having a lot more Actual starters as depth.

47 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Two points I'd like to make...

1.  There are times when even if someone has a very good gameplan, I have voted against them because I don't think they have the ability to execute it as well as the other team can execute their gameplan.

I have close to zero issue with this. The issue(s) I take are when the game plans are not read and it's not acknowledged that you don't think it can be executed based upon personnel. When people say things like "I don't think they can stop them because _________" and your game plan specifically addresses this, I do take issue with that, especially coupled with IRL production dictates that it can/has/will be specifically able to do so.

47 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

2.  Sometimes it is difficult to piece together what the goal is or what people mean.  I know I've misinterpreted a gameplan more than once.

I think this is perfectly fair and reasonable.

• Like 1