BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I do not that the schedule is a @bcb1213 problem. It is a collective thing we should discuss in the offseason. @bcb1213doing a fine job with what the group has decided the parameters were.

Oh I agree i don't think it's an issue that is being created by him either. I think we all need to work together to help him be able to make a more balanced schedule schedule I agree with that completely

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oh I agree i don't think it's an issue that is being created by him either. I think we all need to work together to help him be able to make a more balanced schedule schedule I agree with that completely

But not something BCB needs to be replaced from. All we need is better rules for them to follow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Go back to 14 games and everyone in your division will have the same schedule. Until then there's no system that will make it equal per division 

8 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

But not something BCB needs to be replaced from. All we need is better rules for them to follow.

I never said anything about replacing bcb.

Also don't just focus on that, I talked about a lot more than that singular issue.  And if I'm being honest the schedule itself is the least important issue I discussed.

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Go back to 14 games and everyone in your division will have the same schedule. Until then there's no system that will make it equal per division 

Honestly I do agree with that I can get on board with that logic I don't think that that there is necessarily a way to create a balanced schedule.  I just know that it is something that has been discussed before however that's the 4th however I also think it is the least important issue I brought up. Of all the issues I brought up it is probably the only one without an actual solution That is obtainable

4 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

We can make it work with 12 fine. Real NFL teams play 12 conference schedules and in BDL we are essentially one big conference.

But here is the problem and this is where BCB is coming from there is no way to know who is good from one year to the next. So what you think might be a balanced schedule like turn out to be the same issues we have right now.

What we can fix is the issue with vote counts/free wins.  And we can collectively address address owners not leaving a sufficient explanation fot their votes for not voting at all

I think changing how seeding/draft order is determined would resolve the majority of the issues discussed and is a good idea. 

Not a fan of going back to 14 games.

Also, there's no real viable way to demand a certain level of explanation for votes. 

• Like 1