BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I'll definitely need corner help and I really like Gonzalez but I feel like DB overhaul is a strong word. Three of my starters will be back in Jalen Ramsey, Jaire Alexander, and Minkah Fitzpatrick. Feel like that's a solid starting point, just need depth after that.

Ika is not a Vea type. He's athletic for his size but doesn't have the functional strength you'd expect from a guy who is really only ever going to be a pure NT. I think he's one of the more overrated guys in the class at this point in the process. He's more of an NFL round 2-3 guy imo.

Jaire is a FA and I didn't take 3Ups into account.

We disagree on Ika for sure.

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Welp we clearly weren't watching the same game as the lined up left a ton to get ionnidis one on one with their LG and brown matched up with their center 

I already found 3 reps of him abusing Lindstrom.

Lindstrom is a top-7 OG, but he got whooped last night.

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

First one is a rollout but still a win for the brown.  Second one he's not Lindstroms assignment. You can clearly see he is going for a the LB and the C is supposed to be block brown. Third one is just woof lol 

Second looks like Lindstrom had Brown and the C was trying to get up to the LB.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Welp we clearly weren't watching the same game as the lined up left a ton to get ionnidis one on one with their LG and brown matched up with their center 

29 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

First one is a rollout but still a win for the brown.  Second one he's not Lindstroms assignment. You can clearly see he is going for a the LB and the C is supposed to be block brown. Third one is just woof lol 

th?id=OIP.l_5wkUph1CQ2eDAAchzp-wHaDl%26p

• Like 4

1.1 Berlin- CJ Stroud QB OSU

Berlin gets their top signal caller without having to give up a Jameis Winston package... I wasn’t in the league for this but he’s referenced it a couple times. Stroud inherits a good roster and some young receiving weapons that if he shows flashes early could put Berlin back into contention quickly. 

1.2 Seoul- Bryce Young QB Bama

Russ is cooked. Young has some similar qualities to young Russ... maneuvering the pocket and improvising with plus accuracy. He may be small but he’s a top passer coming out and someone Seoul can build around with their 17 picks again.

1.3 Gotham- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

Anderson is a dominant edge force who many compare to Von Miller. He can get stronger but he has the arm length to keep tackles at bay and an uncanny ability to make plays in the backfield. He would allow a very strong corner group to not have to cover as long and that strong corner group will bye him more time to get to the QB. A symbiotic relationship. Of course taking into account Whicker’s history this could be Ringo. Seems like a prime spot for someone to move up for Anderson though if Whicker wants more picks. 

1.4 Hungary- Kelee Ringo CB UGA 

Much talk about their defense this week. They add a top tier specimen at corner and a possible alpha player to their secondary. Jalen Carter may be the more popular pick and can be a game wrecker inside but Hungary also let Jonathan Allen walk. I know money is always at play but perhaps PR will prioritize the corner position here.

1.5 Anchorage- Jalen Carter INT UGA

Another UGA DT for me two years in a row. I have Vita and Oliver’s contracts up and Jalen would fill a nice role next to Davis inside. He can play the 3T and be a disruptive player as Davis absorbs blockers. I want to see more consistency from him now that he is healthier and he plays much more as a pass rusher than against the run so while the talent is there I’d like to see a more well rounded game. 

1.6 Raleigh- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

Raleigh traded away Davante and they need playmakers at receiver. JSN hasn’t played much this year but he was dynamic last year and is as many have mentioned an OSU receiver. My prediction however is that this pick will end up in Lancaster as Raleigh has two firsts, Murray is a FA, and this pick could go in a Lancaster RFA offer on Jalen Hurts. 

1.7 Greenland- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

This is probably a surprise pick here but depending on if Greenland wants to pay Barkley whatever he gets this offseason, Robinson can step in and be a bell cow from day one. Even if they keep Barkley, Robinson would make a great 1-2 punch for this offense and make them even more dangerous. Corner would also get consideration here.

1.8 Cuba- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU

A former pro bowl players son, JPJ gives Cuba another young corner to add to their talented youth movement at the position. Resigning Denzel Ward, Griffin and Kenny Moore, further development of Emerson, Taylor, Kohou and Bryant and the addition of Porter would give them a very strong group potentially. Typing that out perhaps they go in a different direction like Myles Murphy or receiver. We shall see.

1.9 Raleigh- Quentin Johnston WR TCU

Raleigh goes back to back receivers similar to what Berlin did last year. They need an infusion of talent in that room and Johnston gives them a strong big bodied receiver with strength and quickness off the line. He has the potential despite playing in a rather mundane TCU offense to be a game breaker. They really missed him last week against Texas Tech early on. 

1.10 Berlin- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson

Berlin gets a player with great size and bend for that size at edge. YGM didn’t pan out, Wonnum is a RFA and just overall he’s very good value for Berlin here. Going Stroud/Murphy versus Anderson Jr/Levis or whatever other QB would be here is the right move every time. This will help a very good Berlin interior and get Berlin closer to getting back to a contender. 

1.11 Gotham- Jordan Addison WR Pitt

Hey a WR for Whicker and Gotham! Hopkins is on the final year, Reek has one more year after this and depending on cap situation Addison can come in and keep up the high quality of players in the Gotham receiving room. Addison has made the most of his targets at USC. He isn’t the biggest but he is very crafty running routes. DeVonta Smith is a fun comparison based on size and skill set. 

1.12 Flint- Tyree Wilson Edge TTU

It is no surprise I am big on Wilson. He has great size and explosiveness and has a matured rush plan. He opposite Bosa would really give Flint to potentially dominant all around ends that would make like difficult on BDL offenses off the edges. 

1.13 Cancun- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

Michal Mayer is the fun pick for Blue and Mwil here to see their back and forth. And while he would be a great pick, giving White a potentially shut down running mate could be high priority. Gonzalez has really good size and can make plays on the ball. Cancun would be able to do a lot of different things in coverage and just on defense in general with he and White locking up receivers. 

1.14 Rome- Bryan Bresee INT

Rome gets their Tillery replacement! I’m not as high on Bresee as others are but he definitely has the physical skill set to be a dominant player inside in the NFL. Peter Skoronski is another option here for Rome.

1.15 Anchorage- Peter Skoronski OL NW

Continue the trench building. I feel a little better drafting oline after my picks of Ikem and Salyer this past year. I have no true guards technically on the roster after this season so this pick will be with hope that Skoronski kicks inside. If not then I’ll just have more tackle depth which is never a bad thing. 

1.16 Ivory Coast- Broderick Jones OT UGA

IC needs tackle help and the trend of UGA LT’s becoming good NFL players is pointing up. While they have Trent at LT they could plug Jones on the right side. This isn’t a typical Ruskie pick but with more of Mike’s input I think this is a conclusion they can reach together as Mike loves the trenches. Michael Mayer would be a strong possibility here as well.

• Like 5