BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

"guys like"

shut the **** up. He was never resigning Ward with guys like Pat Surtain, Jaylon Johnson, Kristian Fulton, and Derek Stingley.

You asked how, I gave you the answer. He's not some sort of genius, people just keep giving him high picks for players who are going to hit free agency anyways so you don't have to compete with the market for them. Which is, y'know, fine, I don't blame you for that, but it's so obvious you literally stated it yourself.

Ok, genius. 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Agree to disagree.  I'd take Jackson and Jones over Denzel, the other Ward if you're playing a zone based defense

I would then assume you aren’t relying on CB play to win you games. Peak Ward (or even the average of what we’ve seen from him) is excellent and wins games.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

Cuba, Ivory Coast and Lancaster all control their own destiny.

We all have tough matchups the next two weeks too. Cuba plays Ivory Coast and then Lancaster. Ivory Coast plays Cuba then Rome. And Lancaster plays Rome and then Cuba. A bunch of tough and entangling games there. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I would then assume you aren’t relying on CB play to win you games. Peak Ward (or even the average of what we’ve seen from him) is excellent and wins games.

To be fair, I don't think we'll see peak Ward ever again so that may be the disconnect.  I think he's out of the league in 4 years

Just now, bcb1213 said:

To be fair, I don't think we'll see peak Ward ever again so that may be the disconnect.  I think he's out of the league in 4 years

In BDL purposes, that’s a lot of time. He played more like pre 2022 Ward against an elite WR core. And with Watson, they have a window for the next few years assuming he’s anything like his Houston days.

Just now, MD4L said:

In BDL purposes, that’s a lot of time. He played more like pre 2022 Ward against an elite WR core. And with Watson, they have a window for the next few years assuming he’s anything like his Houston days.

I don't see the connection between Watson playing and Ward both 1.  playing well, 2.  learning how to tackle so he doesn't 3.  get hurt four times a year

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I don't see the connection between Watson playing and Ward both 1.  playing well, 2.  learning how to tackle so he doesn't 3.  get hurt four times a year

Cleveland has pieces on their team to win big in the next few seasons. Ward could be out the league/retired at age 28,29 with a super bowl ring and over $70 million playing football? In the next few years?

Seems like a successful career to me.

Just now, MD4L said:

Cleveland has pieces on their team to win big in the next few seasons. Ward could be out the league/retired at age 28,29 with a super bowl ring and over $70 million playing football? In the next few years?

Seems like a successful career to me.

The bold is where you are messing up

41 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Only 4 are locked, but it's essentially 6. And lol but Lancaster is ahead of Greenland. I don't think you realize how the standings work. Greenland is essentially out.

I didnt put Lancaster/Greenland nrcessarily put the 'in the hunt' in the exact order of their ability to make it.

I understand the standings just fine.

Tie breaker scenarios:

Ivory Coast: Needs to win 1 of theiir last 2.

Lancaster: Win out.

Cuba: Beat Lancaster and Singapore lose one.

Singapore: Needs to win out,  Cuba win over Lancaster, Cuba loss to IC.  IC wins 1 game.

Greenland: Singapore Lose out, Cuba & Lancaster tie H2H and both teama to lose in week 11. 

If Singapore and Cuba tie,  Singapore holds the head to head tabreaker.

If Singapore & Lancaster' Thai it will come down to vote totals,  Currently Lancaster' has a significant lead in that regard.

Greenland cannot win any tibreakers. They need a miracle.

If Cuba Singapore and Ivory Coast finished with the same record (6-6),  The team with the highest vote total would get in as thr 8th seed and currently,  that team is Ivory Coast.

Edited by wwhickok