BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay Let me repeat this.  If I win one of my last 2, Im in. Same with Cancun and NO ONE can do anythinf about that.

Having said that if there is a 3 way tie between me Cuba and Ivory Coast,  If Ivory Coast beats Cuba,  It comes down to vote totals.  I'd be a little surprised if that scenario presents itself.

That is the reason I mentioned the tie being vs IC. Cuba tying vs Lancaster would give you the 3-way tiebreakers, but if IC and Cuba tie then that opens up Lancaster getting to 7 and IC to 7.5. Cuba at 6.5 would win the tiebreaker over you.

So ya you are safe but a Cuba/IC tie and Lancaster win could spell trouble.

4 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Also why are you so hung up on the if you or Cancun win 1 thing? No duh. We are speaking hypotheticals here because it's fun.

Because I was talking about playoffs scenarios and that is the reality of our situations.  Is either of us win a single game the scenarios you are talking about about us being eliminated are irrelevant

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We just saw the Bengals make the Super Bowl last year?

Cleveland in the last 6-7 years won the NBA finals AND made the World Series. 

i think that mindset is easily dispatched.

Speaking of which, the Jets themselves are….. no longer a bad team. With an elite rookie in Sauce Gardner.

Cleveland needed the greatest basketball player of the last 25 years and still they could only eke out one.  That's been it for the city in almost 60 years.  The Bengals making the super bowl is not winning the super bowl

The, eh, Guardians pretty much sum up what I'm talking about.  Highly talented, can't win the sausage.  I don't see anything different coming from the Browns

The Jets not sucking does not mean they will suddenly win a super bowl

7 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Cleveland needed the greatest basketball player of the last 25 years and still they could only eke out one.  That's been it for the city in almost 60 years.  The Bengals making the super bowl is not winning the super bowl

The, eh, Guardians pretty much sum up what I'm talking about.  Highly talented, can't win the sausage.  I don't see anything different coming from the Browns

The Jets not sucking does not mean they will suddenly win a super bowl

So when it’s done it’s fluky?

I mean if in the next 2-3 years Cleveland has 2-3 playoff appearances it’s progress. Same applies for the Jets.

Only one team wins the league in almost everything (including here). Seems sort of unfair to call someone unlucky bc they aren’t the one team to win it all. Mahomes has only SB ring as we stand and he’s basically generational level good.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

So when it’s done it’s fluky?

I mean if in the next 2-3 years Cleveland has 2-3 playoff appearances it’s progress. Same applies for the Jets.

Only one team wins the league in almost everything (including here). Seems sort of unfair to call someone unlucky bc they aren’t the one team to win it all. Mahomes has only SB ring as we stand and he’s basically generational level good.

you're the one saying Cleveland and Denzel are getting a ring

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

you're the one saying Cleveland and Denzel are getting a ring

No. But I’m saying it’s possible in the next 4 years or so. 

I do think in the next few years a couple playoff appearances should be expected. What happens when you get there is different. Since 99, Cleveland just doesn’t get there, lol.

1.1 Berlin- CJ Stroud QB OSU

1.2 Seoul- Bryce Young QB Bama

1.3 Gotham- Will Anderson Jr Bama

1.4 Hungary- Jalen Carter INT UGA

1.5 Raleigh- Jordan Addison WR USC

1.6 Greenland- Kelee Ringo CB UGA

1.7 Anchorage (from Singapore)- Tuli Tuipulotu INT USC

1.8 Raleigh (from Lancaster)- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

1.9 Cuba- Quentin Johnston WR TCU

1.10 Berlin (from IC)- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson

1.11 Cancun- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

1.12 Gotham- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU