BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

I’ve always been interested in coaching but all levels have their restrictions. Having to deal with parents who have these objections with a glaring lack of knowledge about coaching nor care to understand how to deal with an entire construction of a team in comparisons to their son/daughter is quite the issue. I have a tremendous respect for those who make the choice to follow up and accept the jobs.

I can say without a doubt my 9-1 league title team was my easiest year to coach scheme and the best year I coached we went 3-6-1 and shouldn’t have won 2 games. Funny how that works.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’ve met some talking heads on TV who share countless years of experience and in person perspective that has certainly exposed me to more knowledge then I could learn here.

But of course, it’s well known their knowledge pales in comparison to this forums respective football IQ.

Basically basically.

Just now, MD4L said:

If you really wanna put dates and perspective to how long we’ve all known each other, I used to have trade conversation paused because I’d go to track practice as an 11th grader. 

I joined WF and met a number of y'all in the offseason right after the Packers won the SB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I can say without a doubt my 9-1 league title team was my easiest year to coach scheme and the best year I coached we went 3-6-1 and shouldn’t have won 2 games. Funny how that works.

Florida tends to be pretty wicked with talent so there’s always high level talent. It is kind of cool seeing guys like Jason Taylor and Patrick Surtain (some of my fav players as a kid) win championships as coaches. Those guys obviously get benefit of the doubt bc their own experience, but the coaches who have the right culture and buy in can always get that extra potential out of kids then visa versa. 

57 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Here we go with all the same antics that happened before the bizz bowl with people talking **** and lobbying against my team. Really? Not even gonna pretend to think about your votes huh

I prefer one teams players over another and people say I'm biased against them. There is a reason I don't talk.

• Like 3