BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Again. I'm not saying he's doing a bad job at all or not making a difference.  But if your reason for giving him coach of the year is, his guys haven't given up, then woof.  There's really nothing else noteworthy there. They are performing to expectations win loss wise 

Thats not the only reason.  His guys are playing above their talent level every week.  Which is the main job of a coach.  I think he would definitely be worthy of being a finalist for the award.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Thats not the only reason.  His guys are playing above their talent level every week.  Which is the main job of a coach.  I think he would definitely be worthy of being a finalist for the award.

If you ranked rosters, I think Detroit ranks in the top 16. Campbell does deserve praise for keeping them motivated after a rough start.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Under what metric are you using that they are outperforming 

Another strike against him imo is they are dead last in third quarter point differential. Which means when it's time to make adjustments at halftime, he's getting his *** whooped 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Under what metric are you using that they are outperforming 

Another strike against him imo is they are dead last in third quarter point differential. Which means when it's time to make adjustments at halftime, he's getting his *** whooped 

The metric of watching their games.

And I'm sure I could cherry pick bad stats for any coach of the year candidate.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

The metric of watching their games.

And I'm sure I could cherry pick bad stats for any coach of the year candidate.

So they are outperforming your expectations. Got it.  Suppose you thought the Jets, giants, Seahawks and Falcons would all be in the playoff race to start the year then and that Philly would have the best record in the NFL 

• Like 1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

So they are outperforming your expectations. Got it.  Suppose you thought the Jets, giants, Seahawks and Falcons would all be in the playoff race to start the year then and that Philly would have the best record in the NFL 

Never said that.  And never said there weren't other coaches deserving of being a finalist for that award.

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Never said that.  And never said there weren't other coaches deserving of being a finalist for that award.

What's hilarious and I just looked up current coach of the year odds and he's 20th. Somehow Jeff Saturday, Todd Bowles and stefanski are above him