BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

question.

Here is the list I found in the workbook for team Abbr. however, it's outdated.  Based on what I'm seeing a safe bet I'd say the Greenland Polar Bears abbr would be GPB?  Work for you guys?

Team ABBR.
Anchorage Trappers AT
Antarctica Katabatic Beasts AKB
Berlin Blitzkrieg BB
Camden Hood Rats CHR
Cancun Kaiju CK
Cuba Smugglers CS
Death Valley NIghtmare DVN
Gotham Gashslayers GG
Hungary Hippos HH
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos ICBR
Lancaster Werewolves LW
Flint Tropics FT
Raleigh Firebirds RF
Rome Eternals RE
Seoul Dragons SD
Singapore Sentinels SS

I would prefer BER please.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I don't think you can lol

Why?  Do you know who set it up abbr originally?  Not really seeing why it's even in there to be honest.  From what I'm seeing it doesn't look like it's tied to anything other than the team rosters in the team sheets.

This is the updated info from what you guys wanted your abbr. to be.

Team Abbr.
Anchorage Trappers ANC
Greenland Polar Bears GPB
Berlin Blitzkrieg BER
Camden Hood Rats CHR
Cancun Kaiju CAN
Cuba Smugglers CS
Death Valley NIghtmare DVN
Flint Tropics FT
Gotham Gashslayers GG
Hungary Hippos HH
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos ICBR
Lancaster Werewolves LW
Raleigh Firebirds RF
Rome Eternals RE
Seoul Dragons SD
Singapore Sentinels SS

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Why?  Do you know who set it up abbr originally?  Not really seeing why it's even in there to be honest.  From what I'm seeing it doesn't look like it's tied to anything other than the team rosters in the team sheets.

Hi Mike. Italics is for sarcasm in these here parts 

Question.

When do you guys determine the draft order for the following season?  Also, during the off season is the rookie salary calculated into the team cap space?  I don't see any formula in the team roster sheets that includes it in the cap.  

I know you don't want it calculated when the season is taking place.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Question.

When do you guys determine the draft order for the following season?  Also, during the off season is the rookie salary calculated into the team cap space?  I don't see any formula in the team roster sheets that includes it in the cap.  

I know you don't want it calculated when the season is taking place.

Draft order determined after the league championship 

To my knowledge we don't have the rookie scale built in 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Draft order determined after the league championship 

To my knowledge we don't have the rookie scale built in 

Right but during the off season when you guys are figuring out how much available cap you have is it factored into the team salary?  If I have details like this I can set up two caps, one for off season and the second during the season.  Simple formula checkbox to shift between the two.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right but during the off season when you guys are figuring out how much available cap you have is it factored into the team salary?  If I have details like this I can set up two caps, one for off season and the second during the season.  Simple formula checkbox to shift between the two.

If you want to feel free. We have our draft before free agency so it's never really been a huge issue of something needed 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

If you want to feel free. We have our draft before free agency so it's never really been a huge issue of something needed 

Oh didn't know you did the draft first.

Any changes to the salary cap during the off season, like a top 51 rule or the likes?

36 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

No lol i meant Blue he said set his to CAN, i was being a smart *** saying he "can't". Play on words lol

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Oh didn't know you did the draft first.

Any changes to the salary cap during the off season, like a top 51 rule or the likes?

We base it off of last year's cap.  So our cap this year is the 2021 RL cap number.  Next year will be based off this cap number.

• Like 2