BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

Whoa! Jon Robinson fired. He's had a few high-profile misses, but I didn't think he deserved to get canned when they're set to win the division.

These things happen when the star wr you traded has a huge game against you and your own qb ends up throwing to Chris board, Bobby trees and nick Westbrook for the majority of the the game for less than 20 yards 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

Whoa! Jon Robinson fired. He's had a few high-profile misses, but I didn't think he deserved to get canned when they're set to win the division.

Look at his first round picks.  Simmons is arguably the only above average player.

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Look at his first round picks.  Simmons is arguably the only above average player.

yeah, but Burks is in his first season, Farley has just had bad injury luck. Wilson was an atrocious selection but worse GMs have survived that. And I thought his current class was looking pretty good, all things considered.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

yeah, but Burks is in his first season, Farley has just had bad injury luck. Wilson was an atrocious selection but worse GMs have survived that. And I thought his current class was looking pretty good, all things considered.

Conklin, Rashaan Evans, Adoree, Corey Davis, Isaiah Wilson...not a single one got their 5th year option.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

That's not an endorsement for Robinson.

Well, he could have kept Jackson and Conklin, or he could spend a first round pick on Isaiah Wilson and multiple high selections on Roger McCreary and Caleb Farley.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well, he could have kept Jackson and Conklin, or he could spend a first round pick on Isaiah Wilson and multiple high selections on Roger McCreary and Caleb Farley.

We saw a discussion similar to this when the Titans booted Mularkey after a winning season to hire Vrabel which has been a success.

Robinson had some great picks in the 2nd and 3rd like Henry, Brown, Byard, Nate Davis, and Harold Landry, but he's struggled bad in the first round and been even worse when it comes to 5th year options, extending, signing, etc.

We will see how this ends up, but he hasn't been all that good.

Funniest part is that I was listening to local radio last week and a guy called in to ask about firing Robinson and the radio hosts just ripped him for it.

• Like 1