BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Power rank how insulted you would be of someone legitimately called you one of these:

nerd

dweeb

geek

dork 

Nerd could be a compliment since I’m smart.

Dork is a meaner word for quirky and niche interest, not offensive.

Geek is a meaner way to say nerd because weakness is implied.

Dweeb and we can throw down.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Either let people vote how they want to vote and deal with the inherit imperfections or make it a sim and deal with the inherit imperfections. 

Anything in between is straight BS. 

And I think blind voting would accomplish that.

I don't think the issue is reading gameplans or anything like that.  I think it's that people are tired of having their justifications, reasonings, and intentions questioned on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just an FYI, going full nuclear on this roster. Very few players, I’d be unwilling to trade.

Only ones I’d probably be against trading are Mailata, Dickerson, Jermaine Johnson mostly because of age/upside. Other than that, let’s go. 

@Blue wants Mailata

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Either let people vote how they want to vote and deal with the inherit imperfections or make it a sim and deal with the inherit imperfections. 

Anything in between is straight BS. 

You still doing the nacho sim?  If so, do you have the issues in question here?

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And I think blind voting would accomplish that.

I don't think the issue is reading gameplans or anything like that.  I think it's that people are tired of having their justifications, reasonings, and intentions questioned on a weekly basis.

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

not being understanding that sometimes people don’t have the hours in their week every single week to write a gameplan, read every single word of every novel of a gameplan and the write a justification for every single game is pretty absurd 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

not being understanding that sometimes people don’t have the hours in their week every single week to write a gameplan, read every single word of every novel of a gameplan and the write a justification for every single game is pretty absurd 

Even if you had the time, you wouldn't do it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You still doing the nacho sim?  If so, do you have the issues in question here?

Yes I do the nacho sim too. Both ways have inherit flaws that you just have to live with. I prefer the sim because the gameplan writing and reading gets so tedious. but either way you want to do it, you just got to understand it’s short comings instead of endlessly bitching about it 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I usually space it out.  Do some write up during Thursday night and the rest Sunday morning once actives-inactives come out.  Then I will read them over the next couple days.  Some...and I lost my train of thought.

Because, I changed my daughter's diaper, didnt put anything else on her, and put her in her 6x9 playpen to play for a bit before bath and bed.  I look over and she has, for the first time, taken off her diaper, is squatting like a chimpanzee, and is smearing her **** all over her playpen.  She has also smeared **** all over her chin, hands, and feet.  So emergency clean up became necessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I usually space it out.  Do some write up during Thursday night and the rest Sunday morning once actives-inactives come out.  Then I will read them over the next couple days.  Some...and I lost my train of thought.

Because, I changed my daughter's diaper, didnt put anything else on her, and put her in her 6x9 playpen to play for a bit before bath and bed.  I look over and she has, for the first time, taken off her diaper, is squatting like a chimpanzee, and is smearing her **** all over her playpen.  She has also smeared **** all over her chin, hands, and feet.  So emergency clean up became necessary.

Yo. The first time I took off a monster dumped out diaper and left it within reach of my daughters gavel-like hand.......

Never again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Ah le’artist in the medium of ca-ca. it’s a parental rite of passage. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yes I do the nacho sim too. Both ways have inherit flaws that you just have to live with. I prefer the sim because the gameplan writing and reading gets so tedious. but either way you want to do it, you just got to understand it’s short comings instead of endlessly bitching about it 

You think I'm bitching about it?

Just now, ny92mike said:

You think I'm bitching about it?

Not at all. I haven’t seen you complain about voting but plenty of people do.

Like what is the point, it’s like politics. You can’t decide what people value when they vote, so why try? Just accept the inherit differences of views.