BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Is at the point in which Pat mahomes started letting his ego dictate that game I started rooting for the bengals. Here is some reality. It is arguable that The Bangles should have benefited from a defensive pass interference play on an early drive-in the end zone that potentially cost them 4 points but that's not guaranteed. So let's talk about what is guaranteed. Papa John's single handedly cost that team 3 points by telling his headcoach to keep it's head coach to keep the field go unit on the sideline because he was going to score a it's going to score by touchdown. And then he didn't the drive was stuffed right before half time and all of the momentum swung the other way. In my mind it is at that point that the Kansas City Chiefs lost this game.

papa johns confused travolta GIF

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Is at the point in which Pat mahomes started letting his ego dictate that game I started rooting for the bengals. Here is some reality. It is arguable that The Bangles should have benefited from a defensive pass interference play on an early drive-in the end zone that potentially cost them 4 points but that's not guaranteed. So let's talk about what is guaranteed. Papa John's single handedly cost that team 3 points by telling his headcoach to keep it's head coach to keep the field go unit on the sideline because he was going to score a it's going to score by touchdown. And then he didn't the drive was stuffed right before half time and all of the momentum swung the other way. In my mind it is at that point that the Kansas City Chiefs lost this game.

Yeah this point is a nil,    it was known going in we had Vinovich's crew and this crew lets the players play.   There was a TON of holding going on with both teams.     Personally I like it better that way,   there were calls on both sides going uncalled but for the most part it didn't affect the outcome of this game.    Hardman took a shot on the sidelines that was a blatant 15 yards (I'm good with the no call, because I like when they let them play).     

Yup,  Andy trusts Mahomes.. and it generally works out in a positive way.   This game it didn't.       We need to get rid of the RPO section of our playbook,   we don't need the gimmicks and for the most part it ends up in all these awkward D3 football level plays.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Yeah this point is a nil,    it was known going in we had Vinovich's crew and this crew lets the players play.   There was a TON of holding going on with both teams.     Personally I like it better that way,   there were calls on both sides going uncalled but for the most part it didn't affect the outcome of this game.    Hardman took a shot on the sidelines that was a blatant 15 yards (I'm good with the no call, because I like when they let them play).     

Yup,  Andy trusts Mahomes.. and it generally works out in a positive way.   This game it didn't.       We need to get rid of the RPO section of our playbook,   we don't need the gimmicks and for the most part it ends up in all these awkward D3 football level plays.

I agree with 100% of this.

I won't lie early on the no calls were kind of frustrating as a football fan but as the game continued it was very clear they simply did not want to dictate the outcome of the game and I don't really feel like they did which which to me is a positive thing Itself.

And you genuinely being a Chiefs fan to meet there's more weight to the fact that you agree that mahomes was the biggest part of this loss

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@bcb1213 @SirA1

To my understanding we are allowed to 3 up-and-over players that have a 5th year option  Is exercised by Irl team. If someone does this and their NFL team sign them to a new contract does the contract that we have them on then become that contract? (In other words is the BDL contract automatically extended/increased)?

I believe we went over this about 20 pages ago. If you 3Up and Over someone or 5th year tender on a 1 year deal and they sign a long term contract you get the option to match it but don't have to. That player would just be a UFA for you the following year.

• Like 1

From a football standpoint, Mahomes is the football equivalent to Steph Curry. He can improv and make every throw, so he often times will do this unnecessarily instead of playing within the game and gameplan, and once in a while, it comes back to bite him...which let's not forget, he made 2 of those "WOW WHAT A CHEAT CODE" plays (for TD no less) in the first half yesterday.

Then that last drive in regulation when they settled for a FG and he fumbled, he had an open crosser at the goal line early and could have fit it in there, but he decided to go off script.

I have a good friend I worked with for a couple years who is from Ohio, a diehard OSU and Bengals fan. Who is leaving today to go back to Cincy because he got a golf course superintendent job and the timing couldn't be more incredible for him. 

• Like 1