BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MWil23 said:

@Ragnarok @Jlash full disclosure, Ron Swanson is still absolutely on the Mount Rushmore of all time best TV characters for me. He's firmly next to Red Foreman and Michael Scott. I'm still unsure of the fourth spot but will hear arguments for it.

Hank Hill I will hear an argument for

Uncle Phil I will hear an argument for

Bill Cosby is unfortunately disqualified

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@Ragnarok @Jlash full disclosure, Ron Swanson is still absolutely on the Mount Rushmore of all time best TV characters for me. He's firmly next to Red Foreman and Michael Scott. I'm still unsure of the fourth spot but will hear arguments for it.

Man you don't hear Red Foreman spoken about very often. I would get behind a Rushmore with those 3 on it. My wife can quote every line and what episode it was from on both Parks and Rec and The Office, so needless to say it's on a lot in our house. 

4th? I mean Homer Simpson has to be involved in the discussion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Agree on Ron Swanson and Red Foreman.  Michael Scott is just on the edge for me.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hank Hill I will hear an argument for

Uncle Phil I will hear an argument for

Bill Cosby is unfortunately disqualified

Perry Cox is one I would push for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

@bcb1213 @SirA1

To my understanding we are allowed to 3 up-and-over players that have a 5th year option  Is exercised by Irl team. If someone does this and their NFL team sign them to a new contract does the contract that we have them on then become that contract? (In other words is the BDL contract automatically extended/increased)?

It is up to you. You can play out the existing fifth year option or choose to use the new number.  But if the season expires, you'll obviously have the use the following year three up 

Just now, Jlash said:

On the topic of TV shows, one show I always died laughing at was Brooklyn 99. Was never a huge Andy Samberg guy but the timing of every actor on that show was absolutely unreal. Chelsea Peretti kills me.

Yes!  Captain Holt is a favorite of mine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Man you don't hear Red Foreman spoken about very often. I would get behind a Rushmore with those 3 on it. My wife can quote every line and what episode it was from on both Parks and Rec and The Office, so needless to say it's on a lot in our house. 

4th? I mean Homer Simpson has to be involved in the discussion.

I think IF you go animated, Homer is a no brainer. 33+ years.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Agree on Ron Swanson and Red Foreman.  Michael Scott is just on the edge for me.

Perry Cox is one I would push for.

Perry Cox is probably my personal fourth as well.

Who would you go aside from Michael Scott?

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It is up to you. You can play out the existing fifth year option or choose to use the new number.  But if the season expires, you'll obviously have the use the following year three up 

Okay. I just wanted to clarify as I'm looking at possible trade inquiries. Thank you bcb.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think IF you go animated, Homer is a no brainer. 33+ years.

Perry Cox is probably my personal fourth as well.

Who would you go aside from Michael Scott?

I'm probably going Ron Swanson, Perry Cox, Uncle Phil, and Red Foreman.

Huey Freeman, Archer, Eric Carman, and Homer would be my top 4 animated.

And this obviously doesn't include from shows on HBO and the like cause thats a different animal.

• Like 1