BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

I mentioned his ability to track the ball, cover the middle of the field, make tackles in the open field, blitz ability, tracking ability, pursuit angles to the ball, and other football related stuff due to the camera angles giving extra perspective on what’s going on in the game.

But why focus on the football related stuff when you can dictate attention to talk down on your fellow mate

Again, with 4,000 camera angles Fred Warner isn't one of the top 10 overall players in the league. That's something we'll have to disagree on, clearly.

bolded: You don't need 29 camera angles to see these things. To see more of it? Helps, sure. But don't act like everyone else is blind to these bolded abilities because of less angles.

This whole convo is like saying "Book A is the greatest book ever". 

People wildly disagree, because...opinions.

Then you go "Well I work at a library, so we have it hardback, soft and on digital. So I've read it all 3 ways which means I understand it more."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Again, with 4,000 camera angles Fred Warner isn't one of the top 10 overall players in the league. That's something we'll have to disagree on, clearly.

bolded: You don't need 29 camera angles to see these things. To see more of it? Helps, sure. But don't act like everyone else is blind to these bolded abilities because of less angles.

I never critiqued anyone’s opinion beyond saying I disagree. But the attacks on me have been pretty interesting considering I am expressing an opinion like everyone else.

Ironicially, (I didn’t have access to the views I’ve had all year anymore), SF ran a lot more man coverage and had Warner on the RBs, which probably played a role in him having his least impactful game of their recent stretch.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I never critiqued anyone’s opinion beyond saying I disagree. But the attacks on me have been pretty interesting considering I am expressing an opinion like everyone else.

Ironicially, (I didn’t have access to the views I’ve had all year anymore), SF ran a lot more man coverage and had Warner on the RBs, which probably played a role in him having his least impactful game of their recent stretch.

I mean.....you're the one that decided to re-hash the angles thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

This whole convo is like saying "Book A is the greatest book ever". 

People wildly disagree, because...opinions.

Then you go "Well I work at a library, so we have it hardback, soft and on digital. So I've read it all 3 ways which means I understand it more."

When did I say folks have to agree with me? Lol that’s never been uttered within this entire conversation.

Conversely, the counter responses have been: “Your opinion is definitely wrong and how dare you say your camera angles give you any insight or you’re a punk for sharing your opinion!”

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I mean.....you're the one that decided to re-hash the angles thing.

@wwhickok called him a run stopping LB. I’ve heard comments saying he’s barely a top ten player at his position. Those are some takes that are wild to me.

So in that sense, he’s without question an underrated player within these walls.

Just now, MD4L said:

When did I say folks have to agree with me?

Never, I'm assuming. Again though, I'm not sure what this means.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Conversely, the counter responses have been: “Your opinion is definitely wrong and how dare you say your camera angles give you any insight or you’re a punk for sharing your opinion!”

And again, the initial disagreement to your opinion was met with "I see more than you." which then spawned the bitter reaction it did. 

Also, no one called you a punk stop being so dramatic.

• Like 1

Also, I could have used this rational for opinions on plenty of players. But why bother when the feedback here is brutal. 

I can only make very broad and obvious claims or appreciation posts that are quick and to the point.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

@wwhickok called him a run stopping LB. I’ve heard comments saying he’s barely a top ten player at his position. Those are some takes that are wild to me.

So in that sense, he’s without question an underrated player within these walls.

Underrated.

Top 10 overall player in the league.

These are not equal. And if you really believe he's top 10 in the league, whatever man. Most people disagree. It is what it is, no matter what angles you have.

Just now, Jlash said:

Never, I'm assuming. Again though, I'm not sure what this means.

And again, the initial disagreement to your opinion was met with "I see more than you." which then spawned the bitter reaction it did. 

Also, no one called you a punk stop being so dramatic.

I do though. That doesn’t make me right and you wrong. It simply validated my point that I can come with a different perspective. If you say the same game from a different POV, you might think somebody whose pretty good is actually really good. Or a really good player might not be. It won’t be Warner; Good. It might be Amani Hooker or someone not on your team. And you would feel justified because you have more insight.

And you’re right, I wasn’t called punk. Much worse language was used.