BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I said Team not defense Rack. Deebo is better too and certainly more valuable.

Misread and would agree. I still think you guys are severely underrating Warner.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Top 10 at the position, absolutely. Top 10 overall in the NFL, not remotely. 

Run stopping was the wrong label, you're right, he is a tackling LB. Not a bad thing but by that I mean, he isn't gonna pressure or rush the QB, he isn't a high turnover guy, he will rarely if ever get a sack, etc. He makes his impact by making tackles beyond the line of scrimmage. 

He is a very good well rounded linebacker linebacker that I would not remotely describe describe as disruptive

Bro he's not a pass rusher, he's an off ball linebacker. That's not his role to rush the passer.

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I have Warner as fourth /fifth best lb this year, let alone top ten overall player

I'm sure you'll ask so in no particular order 

Parsons 

Campbell 

Leonard 

Then you run into the 

Demario Davis, Warner spectrum. I could easily put Warner fourth or fifth. I'm a bit of a Davis mark tho 

Thompson dislikes you

Just now, rackcs said:

Misread and would agree. I still think you guys are severely underrating Warner.

Bro he's not a pass rusher, he's an off ball linebacker. That's not his role to rush the passer.

I understand that. But there are plenty of guys in this league that can do what he does and also rush the passer. He is not, imo, a top 10 overall NFL player. 

And when you really consider what that means saying that, It almost sounds stupid

Fair or not, in todays NFL, you need to either have EDGE/off ball value or apex/Mike value. He’s got tremendous off ball Mike value but he’s also not a hybrid big nickel either. That’s not his fault at all as he’s still a tremendous 3 down Mike, but in terms of overall value, those other spots are more valuable overall.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Fair or not, in todays NFL, you need to either have EDGE/off ball value or apex/Mike value. He’s got tremendous off ball Mike value but he’s also not a hybrid big nickel either. That’s not his fault at all as he’s still a tremendous 3 down Mike, but in terms of overall value, those other spots are more valuable overall.

Can’t wait to add Hamilton to my defense 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve been on record saying my claim is not taking into account positional value. 

• Like 4

Let's play a game. I want everybody to answer this question for themselves and I want them to be honest with everybody including themselves.

Is every single player in the NFL He's a free agent no teams have any players on them you do not have a salary cap and you got 1st dibs to fill out your team. Everybody has to wait on you to make your selections. Who are the 1st 10 players you'd take; in the exact order you'd take them?