3. Myles Garrett

4. Aaron Donald

5. Jeffery Simmons

6. Jalen Ramsey

7. J.C. Jackson

8. Deebo Samuel

9. J'Marr Chase

10. Penei Sewell

Hon Mentions: Jonathan Taylor, Mark Andrews and Micah Parsons. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

10 players I'd pick for the next 3-5 years:

1. Josh Allen

2. TJ Watt

3. Myles Garrett

4. Aaron Donald

5. Jeffery Simmons

6. Jalen Ramsey

7. J.C. Jackson

8. Deebo Samuel

9. J'Marr Chase

10. Penei Sewell

Hon Mentions: Jonathan Taylor, Mark Andrews and Micah Parsons. 

I knew your list would have Allen, Simmons, Deebo, and JC.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I knew your list would have Allen, Simmons, Deebo, and JC.

I think they're all appropriate picks though.

Any one of Allen/Mahomes/Burrow is the right pick at QB. I think Allen with his rushing ability is the most dynamic.

Simmons is in the discussion for 2nd best DT in the league after Donald and is younger than the others. 

Deebo offers you versatility in that he can play RB or WR at an elite level. Just WR or just RB I'd take a few over him in each category, but as an offensive weapon he's unparallelled.

Jackson is the best ball hawking CB in the league and that makes him best suited to being an elite no.2. I'd take few CBs over him in isolation to be a no.1 (Tre White, Jaire Alexander come to mind) but if Ramsey shuts down half the field, Jackson getting targetted extra against no.2 WRs is something I'd take every day.

I'd also swap Kittle for Andrews on reflection, though Kittle's injury history is worrisome.

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Jackson is the best ball hawking CB in the league and that makes him best suited to being an elite no.2. I'd take few CBs over him in isolation to be a no.1 (Tre White, Jaire Alexander come to mind) but if Ramsey shuts down half the field, Jackson getting targetted extra against no.2 WRs is something I'd take every day.

"In my top 10, I put a guy suited to be an elite no. 2"

Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I think they're all appropriate picks though.

Any one of Allen/Mahomes/Burrow is the right pick at QB. I think Allen with his rushing ability is the most dynamic.

Simmons is in the discussion for 2nd best DT in the league after Donald and is younger than the others. 

Deebo offers you versatility in that he can play RB or WR at an elite level. Just WR or just RB I'd take a few over him in each category, but as an offensive weapon he's unparallelled.

I'd also swap Kittle for Andrews on reflection, though Kittle's injury history is worrisome.

When Simmons is playing at his best, I wouldn't disagree.  His best being against the Bengals in the playoffs and Rams earlier this year.  His big issue is that he is still pretty inconsistent and can disappear for stretches.  5 of his 8.5 sacks came in a two week period.  And that's after a down year last year.  If he becomes more consistent, I think you would have a very good argument to include him.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

"In my top 10, I put a guy suited to be an elite no. 2"

Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

Yes because he will be no.2 in the hypothetical team I'm building. That's what the point of this right? 

Just picking 10 players for the sake of it is a very difficult task. It's near impossible to compare someone who plays QB to someone who's an off-ball LB. Heck the top 10 QBs in the league are the most valuable players so that should just be the list then. 

You have to either pick players with the purpose of building a team or compare players at the same/similar positions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Yes because he will be no.2 in the hypothetical team I'm building. That's what the point of this right?

This whooooooooole thing started when Frogs claimed based on his tape work that Fred Warner was a top 10 overall player in this league. I think then people started naming who they would consider the top 10 overall players in the league, then some named 10 players who were good and on their team. BCB then named 10 players some of which could be the 10th best player at their position, then you made a hypothetical team.

It's like that game "Whisper down the line" where you start with a message of one end of people, whispering to each person and see how jacked up the message is by the end.

• Like 2