BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

The misrepresentation is that you are acting like those situations are comparable when they're not. I have/had a much more valuable resource in a 3+ year 3 Down, and literally no one believes that you don't understand that. You are the one person in this league with a bunch of 3+ year contracts you were desperate to get out of, and everybody knew it. I didn't criticize you for balking at my price, in fact as you are stating yourself I was willing to come down on the price. I was exceptionally reasonable about the situation, and no one is going to blame me for trying to maximize the value I get out of an asset.

None of that is the same as you making a public post to no one in particular about the price of a much-less-valuable asset and me, among several other people, expressing my opinion on the asking price. Negative feedback is the risk you take for posting that, and nobody but you seems to take it personally.

Now here's the thing about the Kamara situation, as you put it, and frankly a lot of your other moves over the last two years: I know for a fact you were trying to move Kamara during the season. You publicly stated what you were looking to trade him for after the season, a price that kept going down, and clearly no one was willing to bite. Then you pulled that stupid attempt at a "gotcha!" saying you were going to part ways with him and then...didn't right away? As if that proves something when 3 Downs can be done through the summer. But we're supposed to believe, after all that, that you "suddenly" decided to trade him a few days after a new owner joined the league, and it just happened to be to that new owner? But you totally had no intention of trading him.

Nobody believes that. And you know what? Nobody but you cares. Gamesmanship is part of the league. Everybody does it. What I, and I am sure several other people, have an issue with is that you resort to personal attacks because I had the audacity of calling my shot when you signed him that you would try to get rid of him, and I was right. It's childish and nobody wants to see it, so I'm done discussing it.

During last season, I absolutely tried trading Kamara.

During this offseason, I started out with no intention to trade him. @Scoundrel and I talk all the time. You can ask him where my head was at for Kamara.

The idea of trading for Michael Thomas (offered to me) though had a lot of logic to it. It was something I decided was in my best interest.

As far as the previous commentary, I get where you're coming from and we will simply agree to disagree. 

Also, I didn't personally attack anyone. I simply stated out loud what everyone else was already thinking. 

38 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I must've been looking at the wrong team when I mocked you a guard. I basically went of depth and/,or quality of depth and whomever I was looking at only had 2 guards lol.

35 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Green has played tackle to be fair. But he projects at Guard. 

But considering cross was available at the pick it wouldn't have made much sense to go with a guard

• Like 3