BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

40 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Hey I had to use a 3 down on Ruggs (released by his nfl team and arrested for killing a woman in a dui accident) or wait until October for him to come off my roster.

Not quite. We have a jail/retirement/death clause to release contracts with no penalty. Still don't know why you had to use a 3D

48 minutes ago, PR said:

Not quite. We have a jail/retirement/death clause to release contracts with no penalty. Still don't know why you had to use a 3D

We don't have anything like that for jail or arrests.

Retirement yes.

I honestly don't know if we have anything for death.  We didn't for Belcher and I dont know if we ever changed it.  I dont think its happened since.

Id actually be curious how an accidental death would play out for an active player.  Would the player's estate get guaranteed money?  Would they get money guaranteed for injury?  Probably would depend on how they died...like heartattack v death from skydiving(forbidden in a contract)...  Would a team want the bad PR of trying to screw over a widow/children?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue said:
20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Would a team want the bad PR of trying to screw over a widow/children?

Absolutely.

IMO it’s totally dependent upon the organization. Good chance the Rooneys take care of them so long as they didn’t die doing anything illegal (see: Ryan Shazier’s treatment) or the old Chicago Bears and how they handed the Piccolo family back in the 60s.

But would anyone actually believe Snyder goes above and beyond, especially after how he treated Trent Williams?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

We don't have anything like that for jail or arrests.

Retirement yes.

I honestly don't know if we have anything for death.  We didn't for Belcher and I dont know if we ever changed it.  I dont think its happened since.

Id actually be curious how an accidental death would play out for an active player.  Would the player's estate get guaranteed money?  Would they get money guaranteed for injury?  Probably would depend on how they died...like heartattack v death from skydiving(forbidden in a contract)...  Would a team want the bad PR of trying to screw over a widow/children?

There 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

For retirement there is. For jail or death there is not 

There absolutely is now for death because I championed that one

Just now, PR said:

It is one of those penalize just to penalize rules. It was stupid Belcher had to be on Rags roster the entire year. It was actually quite disgraceful the league forced it.

And it will still continue because it’s not in the rule book unless you can show where it was changed

If a player dies and we 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Not in the rule book or guidelines. You may have championed all you want but it’s not there.

If another player dies and we force a team to keep that player on their roster I'm literally quitting the league. It is disrespectful to the memory of the player and this is a game. 

• Like 1

Just now, PR said:

If a player dies and we 

If another player dies and we force a team to keep that player on their roster I'm literally quitting the league. It is disrespectful to the memory of the player and this is a game. 

I think it’s ridiculous as well but I’m just telling you what’s in the rule book. I’m all for me getting my 3 down back and Ruggs going bye bye as well. 

1 minute ago, PR said:

If a player dies and we 

The fact is, we have a process for adopting new rules, even if I agree with you. 

• Like 1