BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we are going to give him credit for Vonn at 2 overall, drafting Roby, Shane Ray, Lynch, Bolles (LOL), with Noah Fant and a medical pass on the second best Chubb in the draft, and I guess I see a lot of meat left on those first round bones.

Surtain, j Williams browning sterns this year 

Jeudy, ojemuda, cushenberry last year 

Fant, dremont Jones, chubb, Simmons Sutton 

It's not terrible 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's not terrible 

I mentioned Fant. Jeudy is a complete unknown. Surtain was my player 1 in last year’s draft and I was ridiculed for calling him my safest prospect.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:
4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's not terrible 

Expand  

I mentioned Fant. Jeudy is a complete unknown. Sustain was my player 1 in last year’s draft and I was ridiculed for calling him my safest prospect.

Plus Elway didn’t draft this year

Elway was a good GM lol. Pure delusion to say otherwise. He built some good teams - heck our current team, which he largely built, is great outside of QB. We consistently found gems in the later rounds / practice squads / UDFAs and the cap was always managed well. The 3 black marks against him were hiring Vance Joseph, drafting Paxton Lynch (and 6 iq points of his) and going Chubb over Allen. Sure a few other issues here and there but generally speaking he did a pretty good job. 

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

Elway was a good GM lol. Pure delusion to say otherwise. He built some good teams - heck our current team, which he largely built, is great outside of QB. We consistently found gems in the later rounds / practice squads / UDFAs and the cap was always managed well. The 3 black marks against him were hiring Vance Joseph, drafting Paxton Lynch (and 6 iq points of his) and going Chubb over Allen. Sure a few other issues here and there but generally speaking he did a pretty good job. 

You can't possibly believe QB Josh Allen would have turned out as well as he did if he went to Denver rather than Buffalo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

You can't possibly believe QB Josh Allen would have turned out as well as he did if he went to Denver rather than Buffalo

Sure he would've - I mean maybe not exactly as good, but he's arguably the best QB in the league right now. Even if he ends up in the 8-10 range, we're an SB contender.

But Allen's development has a lot more to do with himself and Jordan Palmer than it necessarily did Buffalo. Plus I can go into a long spiel about how Allen was misevaluated by the majority in the draft process again, but I won't. 

Anyway in Buffalo was drafted onto a team where legit 8/10 of the starters around him on offense were out of the league the next year. Corpse of Shady McCoy, corpse of Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin and Robert Foster were his top targets in his first year. Denver could've easily put just as good an offense around him, especially if we didn't blow salary & picks on Joe Flacco, Drew Lock and Case Keenum in the years ahead lol.

Edited by WFLukic

Just now, WFLukic said:

Sure he would've. Allen's development has a lot more to do with himself and Jordan Palmer than it necessarily did Buffalo. Plus I can go into a long spiel about how Allen was misevaluated by the majority in the draft process again, but I won't. 

Anyway in Buffalo was drafted onto a team where legit 8/10 of the starters around him on offense were out of the league the next year. Corpse of Shady McCoy, corpse of Charles Clay, Kelvin Benjamin and Robert Foster were his top targets in his first year. Denver could've easily put just as good an offense around him, especially if we didn't blow salary & picks on Joe Flacco, Drew Lock and Case Keenum in the years ahead lol.

No, he was garbage for his first two years and was quite obviously coached up to the player he is today (which is still not the league MVP caliber player you and other people try to claim he is).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Sure he would've - I mean maybe not exactly as good, but he's arguably the best QB in the league right now. Even if he ends up in the 8-10 range, we're an SB contender.

But Allen's development has a lot more to do with himself and Jordan Palmer than it necessarily did Buffalo. Plus I can go into a long spiel about how Allen was misevaluated by the majority in the draft process again, but I won't. 

You’re not a GM in BDL anymore you don’t have to sell the crap.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, he was garbage for his first two years and was quite obviously coached up to the player he is today (which is still not the league MVP caliber player you and other people try to claim he is).

He wasn't garbage his first two years. He had developed into a reasonable starting QB in his 2nd year (around 15th best in the league) and yes his first year he was poor, but again, with total trash around him. But he showed immense potential and basically won a number of games on his own.

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

He wasn't garbage his first two years. He had developed into a reasonable starting QB in his 2nd year (around 15th best in the league) and yes his first year he was poor, but again, with total trash around him. But he showed immense potential and basically won a number of games on his own.

They basically ran wildcat his first year.

• Like 1

Allen literally came 2nd in MVP voting in 2020 lol, with one of the hardest schedules in the league and came second to Rodgers who breezed through a cupcake schedule that year. He is an MVP level QB - no doubt about it. 

He also just put up the best consecutive game stretch in playoff history. He could be more consistent (though in large part you can put that on the OL woes Buffalo suffered early in the season + his stats suffer due to Buffalo's abysmal weather). 

I'd understand the landing spot argument if it was Mahomes - you get a HoF coach and 2 HoF level receiving targets from day 1 and get to learn from Alex Smith your first year. Imagine how good Mahomes would be if he had Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay year 1.

24 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Allen literally came 2nd in MVP voting in 2020 lol, with one of the hardest schedules in the league and came second to Rodgers who breezed through a cupcake schedule that year. He is an MVP level QB - no doubt about it. 

He also just put up the best consecutive game stretch in playoff history. He could be more consistent (though in large part you can put that on the OL woes Buffalo suffered early in the season + his stats suffer due to Buffalo's abysmal weather). 

I'd understand the landing spot argument if it was Mahomes - you get a HoF coach and 2 HoF level receiving targets from day 1 and get to learn from Alex Smith your first year. Imagine how good Mahomes would be if he had Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay year 1.

Last year, Buffalo played the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats twice.  They were all bad teams.  They also played the Broncos, 49ers, Raiders, Cardinals, and Chargers, none of whom made the playoffs.  The Steelers after they fell off the cliff.

Rams, Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks were the 4 playoff teams they faced and they went 2-2.

So let's not act like the Bills had some tough 2020 schedule.

• Like 2