BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Where did I say we should be looking for it?

Ans tbh, I question anyone and their knowledge of anything football related if they don’t think Rice would be elite and GOAT status in todays NFL. He was doing things at 40 people would kill for in their prime. He’s the GOAT.

He would still be elite because his game speed is better then 4.7. Those are mutually separate things.

And the best thing of all his abilities and probably why I find it hard to debate there’s anyone better is his longevity. His ability to stay healthy for as long as he did is equal to Tom Brady and maybe a handful of other hall of famers.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Johnathan Cooper

Cordarrelle Patterson is a legendary special teamer who’s developed into a good player that might even have hall of fame conversation based on his special teams play. So he’s certainly had a worthy NFL career. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Cordarrelle Patterson is a legendary special teamer who’s developed into a good player that might even have hall of fame conversation based on his special teams play. So he’s certainly had a worthy NFL career. 

Maybe, I dont disagree with that, but his career didn't start out that way.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Buddy of mine who is a massive UT Homer tried to say Patterson might make the HOF.  We mocked him relentlessly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe, I dont disagree with that, but his career didn't start out that way.

It felt awkward to say he’s that good, but it’s a testament to his career arc. Certainly figured it out and put it together.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Buddy of mine who is a massive UT Homer tried to say Patterson might make the HOF.  We mocked him relentlessly.

He’s 2nd all time in punt return TDs I believe. If Devin Hester makes it, although they aren’t equals in that area, I could see Patterson at the very least gaining consideration. Clean off field record too.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He’s 2nd all time in punt return TDs I believe. If Devin Hester makes it, although they aren’t equals in that area, I could see Patterson at the very least gaining consideration. Clean off field record too.

I dont think Patterson is in the same realm as Hester.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I dont think Patterson is in the same realm as Hester.

Important to note he’s 31. If he has some more productive years (currently tied for most kickoff return TDs of all time), his resume at the very least warrants conversation.

He’s a 4 time first team all pro, 3 time 2nd team all pro. It’s definitely a successful NFL career.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Important to note he’s 31. If he has some more productive years (currently tied for most kickoff return TDs of all time), his resume at the very least warrants conversation.

He’s a 4 time first team all pro, 3 time 2nd team all pro. It’s definitely a successful NFL career.

He was a major bust for where he was drafted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Jerry Rice ran a 4.7.

The 40 is the most overrated measurement for almost everything. It doesn’t even gauge explosiveness.

Jerry Rice didn't run a 4.7. That's an urban myth. Bob McGinn has said that he was clocked at 4.58.

• Like 1