BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

19 hours ago, Jlash said:

So in 6 years in the NFL Greg Robinson made 29 million, and he gets caught drug trafficking. Some people are just flat out stupid.

That's Romes first ever draft pick for ya, i think...lol.  All the sources I had at the time said he was a good kid, but just a damn knucklehead

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

I mean there’s exceptions to everything. 
I love Kupp, loved him as a prospect. But I also think he’s in possibly the single best situation he could’ve landed in. Like that team or maybe the Saints were his ideal landing spots.

Had he gone to the Jets or Bears would we be talking about him so highly? Let’s debate...

But I want to tell one funny story I won’t forget. So me and another guy I know well on another site have been running mocks for over a decade in the off-season. The year Kupp was a prospect, somebody drafted him in I can’t remember if it was the second or third round, but one new guy threw sort of a hissy fit and stormed out of the mock saying “no one will take some average player from Eastern Washington that high.” Like he was so mad about it, or found it so inconceivable that he quit. And we all know what happened after that.

We had a similar experience the year Todd Gurley was drafted and someone took him in the first round “with a knee injury.” Some newb quit over that too.

Jets, probably.  I think Jamison Crowder had a bazillion targets in the Darnold Gase years

Bears likely not

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nfl-player-takes-texas-middle-183629485.html?scrlybrkr=d7c808f4

@Jlash @EaglesPeteC I have a new favorite non-Brown in the NFL. 

Sincerely,

A father of 3 daughters and brother who had to walk his two sisters down the aisle after my dad died

Yeah that's a pretty good story. Just trying to draw the link. He's played for MIN and PHI. She's from Texas. How did he become her favorite player? 

My corners are

Sauce, Stingley, McDuffie, Booth, Elam, McCreary in that order and think all should go top 16. But I don’t know if all do in BDL and I Didn’t mock McCreary that high because I thought some would be off him because of arm length but doesn’t seem like they will. Think Kyler Gordon is top 20 also. 

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

It would for sure. I don’t think it will happen but that’s where I would take any of those guys in that range 

Fair. I’m probably lowest on Stingley (pre-combine) then most. Some important questions about him need answers.

After that, I look forward to the off-season process for all these guys.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Fair. I’m probably lowest on Stingley (pre-combine) then most. Some important questions about him need answers.

After that, I look forward to the off-season process for all these guys.

Yeah Stingley has big risk. But a team like me with multiple firsts it might make sense to gamble there and go for two corners in the top 9

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah Stingley has big risk. But a team like me with multiple firsts it might make sense to gamble there and go for two corners in the top 9

Shoot your shot. There may not be super high and safe prospects, but there’s a delicate amount of talent across the board. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Shoot your shot. There may not be super high and safe prospects, but there’s a delicate amount of talent across the board. 

It’s definitely risky to have a player play at such a high level as a true freshman and then not reach that level again but don’t know how much is truly from the injuries.