BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Meme Mock Draft Round 2

7. Cuba Smugglers - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

66lgxa.jpg

We are under the impression DeShaun Watson will be starting for us this year. We will also prioritize backup QB as regularly.

Edited by MD4L

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Moreover, Lamar threw 36 TDs in a season.

(So?)

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Was every single pass attempt a roll out?

Yes because early career success always correlates to late career success when you're a mobile QB who has been figured out. Lamar may be awesome this year since he'll be healthy, or perhaps he will continue the downward spiral that was Cover 0 with an 8 man box just like this past year.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. It doesn't matter if your QB can't throw from the pocket

2. Chris Olave is not an NFL deep threat (and I love him, but he's a #2 outside guy and Red Zone dude). Have you seen his press coverage metrics?

*I reserve the right to amend this given the 3 WR Ohio State had and the fact that these snaps were limited and the value sample size insufficient*

I don't think he'll be an elite deep threat or anything but I think that'll be a good part of his game in the pros. He's faster than people think for sure and he's got nice downfield route running and tracking.

Lamar Jackson had a career night as he led the Ravens to a 31-25 overtime comback victory over the Colts on "Monday Night Football." Jackson set a franchise record with 442 passing yards on 37 completions and threw for four touchdowns

Its some what of a myth that Jackson can't throw from inside the pocket. The issue is, he requires rhe ability to do so without an insane amount of pressure because the pressure is where he struggles; to clarify  he needs good blockers, Baltimores OL. As good as it has been at times is a pure running blocking OL, what DVN has is not. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yes because early career success always correlates to late career success when you're a mobile QB who has been figured out. Lamar may be awesome this year since he'll be healthy, or perhaps he will continue the downward spiral that was Cover 0 with an 8 man box just like this past year.

That’s not the point. He can throw from the pocket at a respectable level at the very least. There are proven results confirming that.

We saw Patrick Mahomes struggle vs 2 high this past season. If someone asked “can he overcome it” that would be a dumb question IMO.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I don't think he'll be an elite deep threat or anything but I think that'll be a good part of his game in the pros. He's faster than people think for sure and he's got nice downfield route running and tracking.

Chris Olave is going to be a Keenan McCardell clone. He's going to be a rock solid WR for a long time that has success outside and in the Red Zone, especially on 3rd Downs, and occasionally stretching the field.

He has elite hands and footwork with super fluid and effortless route running.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Its some what of a myth that Jackson can't throw from inside the pocket. The issue is, he requires rhe ability to do so without an insane amount of pressure because the pressure is where he struggles; to clarify  he needs good blockers, Baltimores OL. As good as it has been at times is a pure running blocking OL, what DVN has is not. 

Correct, which is why I said Cover 0 with pressure. :) 

Just now, Blue said:

yeah a season where a QB threw a touchdown on 9% of his passes was definitely not a bizarre outlier

Fair counterpoint. He can’t throw from the pocket remains a narrative I disagree with.

Also, you’re still willing to tell us Kyler Murray isn’t a good QB because he doesn’t play well when injured. No more discussion  on QBs with you unless it’s draft related.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That’s not the point. He can throw from the pocket at a respectable level at the very least. There are proven results confirming that.

Just now, MWil23 said:

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We saw Patrick Mahomes struggle vs 2 high this past season. If someone asked “can he overcome it” that would be a dumb question IMO.

Yes, a lot of similarities there in their game play, and the fact that KC and Andy Reid hasn't committed to the run in 25 years probably has something to do with that as well.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Also, you’re still willing to tell us Kyler Murray isn’t a good QB because he doesn’t play well when injured. No more discussion  on QBs with you unless it’s draft related.

No, I'd say he's not a good QB because he sucks.

(Not really, he's just overrated)

Murray is a capable QB in the NFL, he's just a guy that everyone seems to have slobbered over for far too long. I mean, he was the "MVP favorite" at one point this year and the last couple years in several situations has been treated with kid gloves and given a pass for falling apart, as though it's all on his HC (it's not).

Just now, MWil23 said:

Chris Olave is going to be a Keenan McCardell clone. He's going to be a rock solid WR for a long time that has success outside and in the Red Zone, especially on 3rd Downs, and occasionally stretching the field.

He has elite hands and footwork with super fluid and effortless route running.

I get that. Also I'm not gonna lie I'm not a fan of Chris Olave. 

Also, I understand what you're saying on the 0 coverage. To get someone like Jackson, I had to make sure I had a good OL first. I think he makes my offense more versatile than Stafford did. There's no doubt as a pure passing QB, Stafford is better but Jackson brings another element to my offense.