BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Really love that Russell Wilson can post a 103.1 QB rating with a 25/6 TD/Int ratio in 14 games, while playing with a bottom-five roster, and still wins 7 games in a division that sent three teams to the playoffs

and that makes him not a top-5 quarterback anymore

For me, it's:

Tier 1--> Elite (no particular order)

Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen

Tier 2-->Great with warts/not there yet (no particular order)

Stafford, Wilson, Burrow, Herbert, Dak, Lamar (former MVP who hasn't been given a big extension should be getting more attention than it has)

Tier 3--> Good/Above Average, some concerns/past their prime (no particular order)

Kirk Cousins, Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan

Tier 4--> Average (no particular order)

Wentz, Baker, Tannehill, Jimmy G (They're the same guy), Hurts (I think he's lower down but plays in a garbage division and doesn't have enough film yet to show how bad he actually is), Goff 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

For me, it's:

Tier 1--> Elite (no particular order)

Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen

Tier 2-->Great with warts/not there yet (no particular order)

Stafford, Wilson, Burrow, Herbert, Dak, Lamar (former MVP who hasn't been given a big extension should be getting more attention than it has)

Tier 3--> Good/Above Average, some concerns/past their prime (no particular order)

Kirk Cousins, Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan

Tier 4--> Average (no particular order)

Wentz, Baker, Tannehill, Jimmy G (They're the same guy), Hurts (I think he's lower down but plays in a garbage division and doesn't have enough film yet to show how bad he actually is), Goff 

I've intentionally omitted Watson btw

bcb qb rankings, non deshaun, right now starter sadly edition

A Rodgers

P Mahomes

J Allen

Burrow

Herbert

Stafford

Wilson

Prescott

Carr

Lamar

Tannehill

M Jones

K Murray

Jimmy G

J Winston

Cosuins

Mayfield

M Ryan

Tua

Hurts

Wentz

T Lawrence

J Goff

Z Wilson

J Fields

D Mills

S Darnold

D Jones

Commander Starting QB

D Lock

B Gabbert

M Rudolph

• Like 1

Tier 1: The best in the game. Rank them how you want 

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rodgers

Disclaimer: Watson is here if we’re judging his last snap in the NFL

Tier 2: Definitely franchise QBs, potential annual MVP candidates

1. Herbert
2. Burrow
3. Stafford

Tier 3: Very Good. You can win a playoff game with him as your best player. You need a quality supporting staff to win multiple playoff games or Super Bowl aspirations 

1. Wilson
2 Jackson
3. Murray

Tier 4: Good. Very good on best days, there’s a case to strongly support or strongly go against. Flavor oriented. (no order)

1. Mac Jones
2. Trevor Lawrence 
3. Prescott
4. Cousins
5. Carr
6. Fields

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Really love that Russell Wilson can post a 103.1 QB rating with a 25/6 TD/Int ratio in 14 games, while playing with a bottom-five roster, and still wins 7 games in a division that sent three teams to the playoffs

He got shut out vs Packers, lost to the Commanders whom only scored 15 points, lost to Nick Foles led Chicago team. Even was in Russell lite toward the end of 2020 season.

I don’t think you could watch the games this year and say Russell is playing as he usually does.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

i mean they do have metcalf and lockett

Geno Smith had a 103 QBR with 5 /1 TD INT ratio  in that offense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Those of you who are so high on Josh Allen: what did you think of his 2019 season?

That he was called a project for a reason. That's like holding Peyton Manning's rookie season against him. I wanted him to "prove it" this year and he definitely did.

He was never a pro ready prospect. He basically was a hybrid wildcat quarterback who has developed into a phenom.