BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In 4 days we have gone from how the Browns should move on from Baker because he sucks 

to

LOL Browns gonna Brown they ostracized a franchise quarterback when reports came out they weren’t getting Watson

to

the Browns got Watson

to

nobody wanted Baker after all.

I love NFL News and NFL General 

I have a feeling no one wants Baker at what Cleveland wants in return for him. Obviously I don't know what they'd want, I'm just guessing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I have a feeling no one wants Baker at what Cleveland wants in return for him. Obviously I don't know what they'd want, I'm just guessing 

Given the Saints re-signed Winston and the Panthers and Falcons are on the hook for Darnold and Matt Ryans dead cap, that basically leaves the Seahawks and Steelers, and they won’t trade him within the division. No real market here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Given the Saints re-signed Winston and the Panthers and Falcons are on the hook for Darnold and Matt Ryans dead cap, that basically leaves the Seahawks and Steelers, and they won’t trade him within the division. No real market here.

I agree. Though IF he were cut, I think the Steelers would look his way. But I think he will ultimately end up in Seattle. 

Nobody has brought up Ashley Solis And Lauren Baxley.

If you want to speak about a courageous women, talk about Ashley Solis. She put her self on the line, she talked about her experiences with Watson, she is the one who was willing to go against the adversities and make individuals aware of this situation.

Being blind to what happened is ignorant, and justice should be served. There a fundamental difference to acknowledge and feel the pain of the women in question to making memes and inferring how horrific a human being is in question.

And that goes directly back to Watson: Look at his career background before this. He’s always been recognized as a stand up professional. He donated his first check in the NFL to the Houston relief foundation. He started his own foundation, he has zero off field issues prior to the ongoing civil lawsuits. This is not someone who came into the league with red flags, the narrative on him has done a 180 degree turn in the last year and a half.

Is it deserved? Yes. Sexual assault is not talked about enough. Listen to women analyst like Sarah Spain and Kate Fagan. Those women take the bullet on many issues that involve an underrepresented group in social media. They take criticism, they take abuse, they face scrutiny for even mentioning so many of these similar issues. I’ve reviewed Sarah Spain stance on this story and they have acknowledged some cruel facts. I take in consideration their perspectives on this because they can relate in ways none of us males in a throughly dominated male league can relate.

So in conclusion: DeShaun does have to rebuild his image to the public. The accusations were ultimately proven in his favor and he’s allowed to continue his NFL career. Anyone thinking I am only predicated on him continuing his career is thoroughly mistaken. He’s got a lot to prove to reclaim anywhere near the reputation he had prior. But he’s got a second opportunity. 

It’s the women in question though that deserve the spot light. They are the courageous ones, they are the ones that deserve sympathy. They are the ones who deserve the attention. Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley are the ones who had to deal with the judicial process and legalistic process that attempted to put the light on Watson when the women in question were the one that deserved to tell their story. They did, and it is quite courageous considering all the scrutiny people who oppose the testimony of women threw at them for telling their story.

Where does this go from here? I’m not sure. We’re all on this journey together, but all those who only make memes and crack jokes about how ignorant the NFL is and portray Mr. Watson as an evil figure would be wise to put that attention to the women in this situation and show them compassion, regardless of the teams you root for. This is bigger then sports and the women in question deserve the ability to share their story. I have nothing but positive wishes for everyone involved in the story and believe justice should be served. The story might be nearing its conclusion but the life everyone involved in the situation has just begun. I will continue monitoring the developments and showing compassion to everyone involved.

To conclude, while the popular thing is to assassinate peoples character, we would be best to support the women in question and allow them to heal from these incidents. To some people that is publicly defacing individuals, to others it is supporting the women in question. As we proceed forward, I am in the camp for justice and clarity, regardless of how the judicial process plays out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Nobody has brought up Ashley Solis And Lauren Baxley.

If you want to speak about a courageous women, talk about Ashley Solis. She put her self on the line, she talked about her experiences with Watson, she is the one who was willing to go against the adversities and make individuals aware of this situation.

Being blind to what happened is ignorant, and justice should be served. There a fundamental difference to acknowledge and feel the pain of the women in question to making memes and inferring how horrific a human being is in question.

And that goes directly back to Watson: Look at his career background before this. He’s always been recognized as a stand up professional. He donated his first check in the NFL to the Houston relief foundation. He started his own foundation, he has zero off field issues prior to the ongoing civil lawsuits. This is not someone who came into the league with red flags, the narrative on him has done a 180 degree turn in the last year and a half.

Is it deserved? Yes. Sexual assault is not talked about enough. Listen to women analyst like Sarah Spain and Kate Fagan. Those women take the bullet on many issues that involve an underrepresented group in social media. They take criticism, they take abuse, they face scrutiny for even mentioning so many of these similar issues. I’ve reviewed Sarah Spain stance on this story and they have acknowledged some cruel facts. I take in consideration their perspectives on this because they can relate in ways none of us males in a throughly dominated male league can relate.

So in conclusion: DeShaun does have to rebuild his image to the public. The accusations were ultimately proven in his favor and he’s allowed to continue his NFL career. Anyone thinking I am only predicated on him continuing his career is thoroughly mistaken. He’s got a lot to prove to reclaim anywhere near the reputation he had prior. But he’s got a second opportunity. 

It’s the women in question though that deserve the spot light. They are the courageous ones, they are the ones that deserve sympathy. They are the ones who deserve the attention. Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley are the ones who had to deal with the judicial process and legalistic process that attempted to put the light on Watson when the women in question were the one that deserved to tell their story. They did, and it is quite courageous considering all the scrutiny people who oppose the testimony of women threw at them for telling their story.

Where does this go from here? I’m not sure. We’re all on this journey together, but all those who only make memes and crack jokes about how ignorant the NFL is and portray Mr. Watson as an evil figure would be wise to put that attention to the women in this situation and show them compassion, regardless of the teams you root for. This is bigger then sports and the women in question deserve the ability to share their story. I have nothing but positive wishes for everyone involved in the story and believe justice should be served. The story might be nearing its conclusion but the life everyone involved in the situation has just begun. I will continue monitoring the developments and showing compassion to everyone involved.

To conclude, while the popular thing is to assassinate peoples character, we would be best to support the women in question and allow them to heal from these incidents. To some people that is publicly defacing individuals, to others it is supporting the women in question. As we proceed forward, I am in the camp for justice and clarity, regardless of how the judicial process plays out.

So can I do both? Can I support the women while also feeling Watson is a scumbag? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

To conclude, while the popular thing is to assassinate peoples character, we would be best to support the women in question and allow them to heal from these incidents.

How exactly does that work here on the message boards at FF? Because I got jokes.

• Like 1

The popular thing to do is assassinate people’s character? He did that on his own to himself. And you want to talk about second chances? This is a second chance because just now he is facing justifiable backlash for this? Sounds to me like he had 21 second chances and didn’t learn a single time. 

• Like 2