BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Technically, I can match Crosby.  In your opinion though. Let's make that clear. IN. YOUR. OPINION.

Technically, yes, you can leave yourself with no cap space to sign your rookies. But you can't clear enough space to sign your rookies without trading someone, and anyone with any sense will know they have you over a barrel in trade negotiations.

That's not my opinion, that's literally how a salary cap works, lol. You have chosen to spend your cap space on other, worse and/or older players. EDIT: Okay, fair, the "worse and/or older players," that might be an opinion. But the FACT that you have chosen to have players on your roster that are currently preventing you from matching on Crosby is not.

Edited by Blue

Just now, Blue said:

Technically, yes, you can leave yourself with no cap space to sign your rookies. But you can't clear enough space to sign your rookies without trading someone, and anyone with any sense will know they have you over a barrel in trade negotiations.

That's not my opinion, that's literally how a salary cap works, lol. You have chosen to spend your cap space on other, worse and/or older players.

I'd still have cap space for rookies. It's absolutely your opinion.  I've run my team the way I've wanted to run my team. 

I honestly am growing really sick and tired of you taking every chance you get to take shots at me. 

Ik you think you know everything and I know you think you're the smartest guy in the room, but I'm here to tell you, you're wrong on both accounts.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'd still have cap space for rookies. It's absolutely your opinion.  I've run my team the way I've wanted to run my team. 

I honestly am growing really sick and tired of you taking every chance you get to take shots at me. 

Ik you think you know everything and I know you think you're the smartest guy in the room, but I'm here to tell you, you're wrong on both accounts.

Can you count? No, you wouldn't. The offer is $14.5k/year. You have $15.7k in cap space. You need $5840 to sign your rookies. You don't have any 3 Downs left. You literally cannot match the Crosby offer and sign your rookies without trading someone.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Can you count? No, you wouldn't. The offer is $14.5k/year. You have $15.7k in cap space. You need $5840 to sign your rookies. You don't have any 3 Downs left. You literally cannot match the Crosby offer and sign your rookies without trading someone.

I'm not rhe one that can't count.

I have 20.7k in cap space. I traded Tyler Higbee for a 5th round pick.

Guess what, you're wrong, so shut the **** up.

Edited by wwhickok

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Looks like Blue is wrong but he’s going to blame it on a technicality 

I am going to blame on the spreadsheet not being updated, yes!

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

why should I shut up, I'm not the one who's somehow made his roster both more expensive and worse in one offseason while getting rid of his two most valuable players

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No, you should blame it on being wrong.

Also, my roster is in no way worse. I know you want to believe it is and that's your prerogative.  But it isnt.

it's gonna be hilarious when you finish last in the division

32 minutes ago, MD4L said:

On another note, I met with some pro scouts for the Philadelphia Eagles today. Learned a lot about some professionals in their industry and am intrigued to continue learning with the organization.

Snap a pic of that draft board for me 

39 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

We shall see. I got my own first next season, so I'm not that worried about it. You seem to be far more worried than I am.

The only team I am less worried about than yours is the one starting Tua.