BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

24 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You know how to put the wind back in your sails?

Give us a mock!

What do you call 1,000 lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean...?

*Pause*

...a good start

Joke Shade GIF by Desus & Mero

...not that kind of a mock?

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

That's been basically this whole school year for me.

Sorry my man. I've felt this way for 3 school years now going back to COVID, but I'm finally getting some of my old mojo and momentum back on the teaching front and starting to hit my groove again.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

When is your spring break?

Last week

PSA:

For those of you who don't know, one of my daughters was born with a cleft lip and palate several years ago. You likely wouldn't know it by looking at her, but she has had several procedures and will have a lot more over the course of her life. She had fat injections into her palate that they took from her stomach and implanted back in the back of her palate and throat this week and tubes (her third set).

Her surgeon is unbelievably gifted (he's the man), but her little tummy looks like she went about 1,000 body shots to the abdomen. He sighed and said that it was very difficult because she "doesn't have much of any fat at all". She's likely going to have this procedure done another 2 or 3 times in her life, followed by dental implants, bone grafts, a full nosejob when she's 17 (she's missing 1/2 of the bone in her nose, her left nostril is a bit turned up).

But thankfully, she's a happy and healthy and very athletic 5 year old. We're trying to keep things in perspective and take it one procedure and recovery at a time, but it absolutely is tough as a parent to see your kid(s) go through this. For her, she is used to it by now and does a great job.

• Like 5