BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Tretter is an obvious 3 Down if/when nobody has picked him up. I'd dump Keanu Neal, but Lasher seemed happy with his TB signing so idk.

Not sure how I missed frogs' slander toward my squad yesterday.

13 hours ago, Blue said:

Kyle Juszczyk is more than just a fullback or even a running back, he is an offensive weapon that doesn't get the respect he deserves

*Narrator Voice*

Surely, Blue considered as he penned out his final argument, I cannot completely admit that Juszczyk isn't a traditional runningback, but surely as well, I cannot possibly backtrack as I'm pot committed, he thought to himself. Finally, something dawned on him: I can completely sidestep this argument altogether without admitting that I was wrong, because I never am, and I'll put the onus of my thesis on the word "weapon" as opposed to "running back", he thought smugly as he clicked the "submit reply" button.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

He did have a wild crush on a dude who was pretending to be a chick on WF for years. 

these-are-confusing-times-marvel.gif

11 hours ago, SwAg said:

I confirm that as well.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

To be fair, the chick was hot

I'm not sure whether I want clarification on the context or whether I want my imagination to run wild here and fill in the blanks.

...okay I've decided I want clarification in some context, whether it be written, image, or both.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jlash said:

I started calling him Todd months before he came clean and I think at one point when he finally admitted he had been bs'ing for years he said his actual name was Todd. Willing to bet that was a lie too, but someone directed me to a youtube channel he has about a year ago where he just rails on how awful women are.

Sounds like he should run for political office

• Like 1

Ok guys, it's time to gather 'round for what I like to call "random controversial truths". I'll begin:

*The Rolling Stones suck. I've tried to like them, I've wanted to like them, and the truth is, they're awful.

*Cooking a steak past medium is unacceptable under all circumstances. While medium rare is the baseline, it's polite to cook a steak up to medium for a guest uncomfortable with perfection

*Unless you're from Boston, nobody likes people from Boston

*For Love of the Game is the greatest chick flick of all time

Feel free to add yours and discuss

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ok guys, it's time to gather 'round for what I like to call "random controversial truths". I'll begin:

*The Rolling Stones suck. I've tried to like them, I've wanted to like them, and the truth is, they're awful.

*Cooking a steak past medium is unacceptable under all circumstances. While medium rare is the baseline, it's polite to cook a steak up to medium for a guest uncomfortable with perfection

*All dogs do not go to heaven

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I actually like ONE song by the Rolling Stones, Paint it Black. 

I agree, medium steak is perfect. 

I've been to Boston, I agree.

____

Idk if this is controversial but best Action movie of all time is Tombstone.

A Time to Kill is the best Drama movie ever made (American History X is a close second)

The Princess Bride is the best Chick Flick ever made

History of the World Part I is the best comedy of.all.time

Atlantic City is overrated 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I actually like ONE song by the Rolling Stones, Paint it Black. 

I used to like it as well. Sympathy for the Devil was covered infinitely better by 2 other bands.

I agree, medium steak is perfect. 

I like mine Medium Rare+, which is just before Medium, but truly this depends on the cut. Medium Rare+ for Ribeyes, Filets, or strips, but I like medium for sirloin, and to be fair medium well for burgers.

I've been to Boston, I agree.

____

Idk if this is controversial but best Action movie of all time is Tombstone.

I'd personally consider Tombstone a Western, but it's absolutely hard to beat. For me, I always prefer Eastwood's westerns in general (The man with no name trilogy, Unforgiven, Pale Rider, the Outlaw Josie Wales), but Tombstone and 3:10 to Yuma are low key rivals to those epic movies. Tombstone is one of my favorite movies of all time.

A Time to Kill is the best Drama movie ever made (American History X is a close second)

The book A Time to Kill is better. I'm back and forth on American History X. I think the intent and message with shock value behind it the first time you watch it is without a doubt up there, but I'd say that from my perspective, and all of ours are infinitely different, Gran Torino might be better, albeit I'd love to hear @Whicker's perspective on this. No pressure either way Whicker!

The Princess Bride is the best Chick Flick ever made

Is it actually a "Chick flick" though? Maybe it is, I just thought more of a fairy tale with a new modern twist.

History of the World Part I is the best comedy of.all.time

Atlantic City is overrated 

Never seen it and never been there.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I used to like it as well. Sympathy for the Devil was covered infinitely better by 2 other bands.

I like mine Medium Rare+, which is just before Medium, but truly this depends on the cut. Medium Rare+ for Ribeyes, Filets, or strips, but I like medium for sirloin, and to be fair medium well for burgers.

I'd personally consider Tombstone a Western, but it's absolutely hard to beat. For me, I always prefer Eastwood's westerns in general (The man with no name trilogy, Unforgiven, Pale Rider, the Outlaw Josie Wales), but Tombstone and 3:10 to Yuma are low key rivals to those epic movies. Tombstone is one of my favorite movies of all time.

The book A Time to Kill is better. I'm back and forth on American History X. I think the intent and message with shock value behind it the first time you watch it is without a doubt up there, but I'd say that from my perspective, and all of ours are infinitely different, Gran Torino might be better, albeit I'd love to hear @Whicker's perspective on this. No pressure either way Whicker!

Is it actually a "Chick flick" though? Maybe it is, I just thought more of a fairy tale with a new modern twist.

Never seen it and never been there.

I consider Princess Bride a chick flick, however it's also a comedy/fairy tale movie for sure.

Yeah Clint Eastwoods movies in the Western genre are hard to beat, they're so damn good. Good point about American History X. I agree, the book for A Time to Kill is better than the movie.  And Gran Torino is an amazing movie.

Another drama type movie I really enjoyed was the Curious Case of Benjamin Button