BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

No one is going to acquire it and I’ll be proven correct the morning of Monday the 18th.

I mean, we absolutely could deal it, there's just a matter of return, so it's more or less a matter of waiting to see if it benefits us. If it doesn't, we are VERY HAPPY selecting our guy at #1.

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I inquired and was told 2.1 was too far to drop. If everyone here "inquires" about the 1st overall pick and is turned down then they no longer can blame us for not making offers for the pick.

4D Chess

Then again, I've learned in this league that people who are impatient might be willing to do things out of boredom or panic even despite things they've said or done in the past.

Maybe that doesn't happen here and maybe we sell for less than we should or "reach" on a guy at #1, but really at the end of the day it's foolish to short sell before draft day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, we absolutely could deal it, there's just a matter of return, so it's more or less a matter of waiting to see if it benefits us. If it doesn't, we are VERY HAPPY selecting our guy at #1.

Well of course you could if you want way less than you should get for it, that can be said for any trade. So again no one will end up acquiring it.

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Hey pickle offered me a 7th to go from 4 to 2 maybe he will go up to 1...

And we'd be happy to negotiate with @Pickle Rick if there's a guy he genuinely wants at #1 and he's willing to trade us the asset(s) that are beneficial to us in return.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean if anyone at this point were willing to give you the ransom you're probably looking for in return for that pick, I think it would have already happened. 

Who said anything about ransom? We were willing to deal #1 for #2 and a 3rd round pick, which actually shorts us over 150 points on the 2022 draft chart. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Part of me thinks you guys traded from 3 to 1 In hopes of getting a larger value back In a bigger trade back and that gamble does not appear to have paid off.

Why shouldn't draft picks be bought and sold like any other commodity or stock option/investment? :) 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Who said anything about ransom? We were willing to deal #1 for #2 and a 3rd round pick, which actually shorts us over 150 points on the 2022 draft chart. 

Trades in this league looking at actual past draft trades reflect the Rich Hill value chart far more than the Jimmy Johnson chart. But yes using either chart you lose value there.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Well of course you could if you want way less than you should get for it, that can be said for any trade. So again no one will end up acquiring it.

Like we've said, we are open and willing to deal it and we are happy and willing to stay put at #1 overall and get our guy. #1 might be more beneficial for us to stay put and draft than to trade back, but that doesn't mean we are going to rush and not exhaust every option at our disposal.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Trades in this league looking at actual past draft trades reflect the Rich Hill value chart far more than the Jimmy Johnson chart.

I literally did that one. LOL.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

1,000-717=283

add a 3rd, which best case scenario is in the 70s, and that is still 200 points short of the value. Truthfully, #2 and a 2nd puts us "there". Us willing to accept a #3 using Rich Hill's value just proves my entire point.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I literally did that one. LOL.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

1,000-717=283

add a 3rd, which best case scenario is in the 70s, and that is still 200 points short of the value. Truthfully, #2 and a 2nd puts us "there". Us willing to accept a #3 using Rich Hill's value just proves my entire point.

Read above 

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Trades in this league looking at actual past draft trades reflect the Rich Hill value chart far more than the Jimmy Johnson chart. But yes using either chart you lose value there.

I've always used the Jimmy chart.

Also need to look at the class. There is no Trevor Lawrence to trade up to 1 for. You’re willing to move down because you have so many prospects you’d be happy with. Same for others when looking to move up. Why do it unless you have some nostalgic reason.