BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Nice. Mine starts after next Thursday. I am so ready.

Woof that's late. I drug myself to this afternoon. 

I'm off for a week and then I teach for 9 days and then I go off on a cruise for a week and then there is about a month left of school when I come back 

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Woof that's late. I drug myself to this afternoon. 

I'm off for a week and then I teach for 9 days and then I go off on a cruise for a week and then there is about a month left of school when I come back 

I don't mind it. The past few years our breaks have been earlier but they've been shorter, only 3-4 days. This year they've combined our days off from Easter with our spring break days so we get a full 6 school days off. From next Friday the 15th to Sunday the 24th I have no worries.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

People who can’t appreciate baseball probably sucked at it tbh. Bunch of couldn’t hit amateurs.

Baseball and basketball are both sports that are much more enjoyable to play, than to watch.    Unless it's live.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hockey is the most fun sport to watch live.

100%  there is a semi pro team in Topeka that I go watch quite a bit.   Playoff Hockey is one of the more entertaining sports to watch on tv also.      Never played in my life,  but it's a fun sport.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedGold said:

100%  there is a semi pro team in Topeka that I go watch quite a bit.   Playoff Hockey is one of the more entertaining sports to watch on tv also.      Never played in my life,  but it's a fun sport.

My favorite sport to play was rugby.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

People who can’t appreciate baseball probably sucked at it tbh. Bunch of couldn’t hit amateurs.

Watching baseball on TV is boring af. Watching it in stadium and playing it is a lot of fun. I definitely don't suck at baseball. Once upon a time I thought about trying out for the local minor league team.  I wish I would have back then. 

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm actually thinking about looking to see if there's any adult leagues somewhere near me for a hobby.

I played in a competitive adult baseball league until kid 2. It’s a lot of fun.