BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

We are literally being held accountable for 3 other people who aren’t us talking about the draft. Fine, whatever. See you guys in 9 days or I guess we will talk about the weather.

PS

It is snowing here in Ohio today and tomorrow will be 60 and sunny.

34 with sleet yesterday and 75 tomorrow.

I hate April.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

If you have a problem with them operating in bad faith and stuff and don't want to deal with them anymore then that's your prerogative. But to be quite honest I don't see why they should have to stop talking about or trying to do shop the first pick. Those two things are very disconnected to me.

When did I say anything different 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We are literally being held accountable for 3 other people who aren’t us talking about the draft. Fine, whatever. See you guys in 9 days or I guess we will talk about the weather.

PS

It is snowing here in Ohio today and tomorrow will be 60 and sunny.

Cool

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’m ready for summer break. I love my students but man it’s been a lot lately. Lots of frustration from students and teachers. It’s time for some time off.

My brother works as a paraprofessional with mentally disabled kids while he finishes school to become a teacher and he is completely wiped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

34 with sleet yesterday and 75 tomorrow.

I hate April.  

September and October have become my favorite months. 60s, no humidity, slight autumn breeze, maybe some jeans and a flannel or hoodie and a bonfire with pumpkin and apple everything after a nice bowl of chili.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

My brother works as a paraprofessional with mentally disabled kids while he finishes school to become a teacher and he is completely wiped.

It’s mentally and emotionally exhausting. So many kids with so many different needs and I feel like the “giving tree” becoming a stump.

• Like 1

If I had to do life all over again, I’d probably have been a nurse instead of a teacher or honestly gotten a cushy government job on base working with spreadsheets. I love what I do in terms of working with kids but the time and emotional fallout makes me wish for an 8-12 hour job 3-5 days a week where I can either still help people but have 4 days off or just punch a card and collect a check while accumulating wealth over a 30 year period of time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If I had to do life all over again, I’d probably have been a nurse instead of a teacher or honestly gotten a cushy government job on base working with spreadsheets. I love what I do in terms of working with kids but the time and emotional fallout makes me wish for an 8-12 hour job 3-5 days a week where I can either still help people but have 4 days off or just punch a card and collect a check while accumulating wealth over a 30 year period of time.

If I could do it all over again, I'd have gone to school to be involved in a sports team front office with the aspirations of being a GM. I enjoy the hell out of the idea of it.

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

If I could do it all over again, I'd have gone to school to be involved in a sports team front office with the aspirations of being a GM. I enjoy the hell out of the idea of it.

That would be a lot of fun. I was a college coach for just under a year and was so turned off to what it entailed on everything about recruiting, circumventing the rules, preferential treatment, the inequity in pay with “the grind” that was expected from me as an assistant, that I knew coaching college sports and working my way up was 💯 not for me. The stories I could say about D-II athletics alone are unbelievable.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just want to be a data monkey and fill in spreadsheets all day then go home and not have to think about anything. I don't really have career ambitions or aspirations beyond making enough money to support myself and future family. My ambitions in life are to have a successful marriage, raise good kids, that kind of stuff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, I just want to be a data monkey and fill in spreadsheets all day then go home and not have to think about anything. I don't really have career ambitions or aspirations beyond making enough money to support myself and future family. My ambitions in life are to have a successful marriage, raise good kids, that kind of stuff.

No doubt. My aspirations and priorities have changed dramatically since I was 21. I just want to be more involved with my church, be a better husband and father, and live a “comfortable” life. I don’t need to be wealthy, but I’m not going to lie, being well off to the point of where I could just walk out one day and never look back would be fantastic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I can tell you now, driving truck until the day I die was not in my plans. But it's what im doing.