BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Idk if anyone was actually looking forward to this or not but I don't think I'm going to have time to do my usual pick and team grades and stuff like I've done the last couple of years. My spring break/vacation lining up with BDL draft week meant I didn't have time to fill in a lot of it as the draft was happening so just won't be able to get it done by Thursday.

In better news I've got everything set up for the +/- doc so that'll be good to go once everyone is picked

I suspect Cancun will not lap everyone in +/- this year

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Posting for future evidence that I was right or that I can circle back and call RAS overrated to infuriate Blue depending upon how this narrative plays out with Walker.

We talked about this, I liked Walker!! >:(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

6dx36i.jpg

Ok this one got me laughing

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I suspect Cancun will not lap everyone in +/- this year

We talked about this, I liked Walker!! >:(

I think you guys will probably end up pretty close to 0 average maybe. I think most guys you took will probably go around the range you took them so I think it'll be small + or - numbers. Some of the later round guys you took I'm not as sure about though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You do understand everyone will now respond to this with their draft class, right?

Draft Picks 2022:
1.10 - Drake London
1.16 - Garrett Wilson
2.16 - Malik Willis
3.16 - DeMarvin Leal
4.11 - Nik Bonitto
4.13 - Chad Muma
5.12 - Matt Corral
6.16 - Ed Ingram

I'm fine with that. I just don't have time to do all of the formatting and putting together all of the stuff in the nice google doc like I like to.

I know this draft didn't go how you wanted at multiple points (damn RedGold) but I think it was pretty solid all around. A lot of how it will be perceived down the line will of course come back to the quarterback(s) but I honestly think this was solid even if they both flame out partially because I think you took both of them at good value spots for where they'll likely be taken in real life. I always love doubling down on rookie QBs. If you need one, you might as well take two as long as you like them and they're appropriate value. I personally would've flipped the spots the WRs were taken but I think both are going to add new things to your receiver group, which I currently view as a bunch of BDL #2 or #3s. As for the defenders, I know Leal has dropped a bit but I'm still a big fan of his and think he and Bonitto are similar in that they're specific types of defenders who you'll have to use appropriately but can add a lot to your defense. Muma is solid as well. I'm meh on Ingram.

Grade B+

Just now, Scoundrel said:

1.2 Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM
1.6 Jordan Davis INT UGA
1.7 Derek Stingley Jr CB LSU
1.9 Ikem Ekwonu OL NC State
2.8 Jameson Williams WR Bama
6.6 Jamaree Salyer OL UGA
7.7 Isaiah Spiller RB TAMU
7.16 Isaiah Likely TE CC

Lost a future 3rd and 4th. 

As usual for your team, it's hard to truly have a bad class post-draft when you pick four times in the top 10. You took a nice mix of relatively safe guys mixed with boom or bust types. Hutchinson, Ekwonu, and Williams all feel relatively safe to me. Even if they don't end up top tier guys I think they will all at least have a role to play at the next level. I feel that way about Davis too but I know others view him as a higher risk. Stingley isn't someone I would take just over concerns about medical stuff that we don't have access to but having four top 10 picks means if you miss on him it's not as big of a deal. You know I'm not a fan of Salyer but Spiller and Likely are both guys I like despite varying levels of testing concerns. But I think they were absolutely worth taking in the 7th round. All in all another great draft that is definitely bolstered by having a ton of early picks.

Grade: A

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Posting for future evidence that I was right or that I can circle back and call RAS overrated to infuriate Blue depending upon how this narrative plays out with Walker.

Overrated if Hutch busts cus he did have a 9.88 after all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Idk if anyone was actually looking forward to this or not but I don't think I'm going to have time to do my usual pick and team grades and stuff like I've done the last couple of years. My spring break/vacation lining up with BDL draft week meant I didn't have time to fill in a lot of it as the draft was happening so just won't be able to get it done by Thursday.

In better news I've got everything set up for the +/- doc so that'll be good to go once everyone is picked

Ill miss it but completely understand 

I expect Hutch to go 2 so 0 on the +/- (which I am happy about. Last hometown hero I took that played for the closest NFL franchise to his home town was Burrow)

Davis will for sure be a -

Stingley could have a chance at a + if rumors are true

Ekwonu probably a +

Williams probably a + at 24 overall in BDL

Salyer a - for sure I just really like him and my Dawg Bias came into play 

Spiller has a chance at a + wouldn’t be surprised at close to a 0 or even a big minus hard to gauge

Likely I think is a - because of testing at 112

• Like 1

Tbh I expect alot of my picks to be - but I'm at peace with that. I took guys I did a lot of scouting on, guys I felt fit what I am looking for in players and to add to my team (as I'm sure we all did). For better or worse I'm happy with how things turned out

Edited by wwhickok

From Roto:

When asked which WR is the most boom-or-bust guy, three coaches/scouts interviewed by the Athletic's Bruce Feldman picked George Pickens. 

All three coaches/scouts agreed Pickens' (6'3"/200) tape, talent and skills are easily top-five in the class. The problem is they all mentioned his maturity and willingness to put in the work. Analyst Marcus Mosher has said he has also heard whispers that Pickens' interviewed quite poorly in pre-draft meetings. That's an interesting wrinkle to the Pickens' story. Most thought the injury that kept him from playing much all in the college were the biggest red flags, but it seems to be his attitude that his holding him back. 

FWIW, I've heard the same thing about Pickens for a couple years now and he wasn't on our board because of it. I genuinely don't like talking about guys like this, I don't know them personally and it's mostly just "heard from a friend of a friend" kinda stuff. However, he, Isaiah Spiller, and Jameson Williams are guys I believe need to do some growing up and I don't particularly want to be the team hoping that they do. @Ragnarokreally did us a solid last year taking Kadarius Toney instead of Elijah Moore because I would not want to be in his shoes trying to figure out what's going on there.