BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

FWIW, Thibs dropped into coverage a bit at Oregon. Doubt he does that much in New York regardless but the ability to play that role is partly why we (I) valued him so highly.

It's the Wink Martindale system, so they'll sadly drop him more than they should.  But not a major ding

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Milton Williams was just fine as a rookie, and they moved him all around the line. I think Marvin Wilson was an UDFA also.

you're right on wilson.  I think for some reason my brain merged him with someone else

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

LG is perfect. Jedrick Wills Jr. is my LT that I traded for last year and should be for the next 2-3 years.

Smith is only 21 so if he develops into a LT eventually great but no need to rush things. I think Guard will help with his penalty issues as he won't be asked to do as much on the inside as the outside. 

Regardless he'll back up Feiler this year for me unless he gets moved elsewhere on the OL.

when i wrote these, i had no idea who drafted who. I just wrote assuming whoever drafted him was hoping for LT

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Per Brandon Staley he is going to play RG. They are keeping the left side together as it was a strength of the OL last year. 

that's good to know, regardless, playing next to an all pro center is a huge boom for any rookie guard

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Charles Cross Seahawks B+  Obviously starting at LT from day one.  Thats a huge plus.  Unfortunately, the Hawks recent history since Okung at developing OLineman is not great but to be fair, they’ve never taken on this high

I thought Damien Lewis became a decent player at this level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Lewis is solid. Feel he was better as a rookie and development kind of stalled out. Which would make BCBs concerns about development accurate.

This also. He's certainly a solos enough guy but not a bunch of improvement 

Fant went from lol to actually usable when he left as an example 

Hearing some of the press clips about Cole Strange, seems like a very ambitious and down to earth type of guy. Combine that with insane measurables and strong combine performance, I can see why/what Belichick was thinking about to make that pick.

EDIT: He made himself a lot of money in those interviews.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 2

If Mekhi Becton gets his situation together and Wilson makes some strides, the Jets………

The AFC is so loaded but the Jets could be playing meaningful games in December. They could also be the obvious choice for exponential team success come 23-24 season.

Day 2 expectations

Jelani Woods - round 2: picks 45-64

Alec Lindstrom - Dolphins first pick (late round 3)

Alontae Taylor - Middle of round 2 - middle of round 3. (48-85)

Coby Bryant - late 2nd round - mid 3rd round (54-75)

Channing Tindall - 2nd round 

23 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Day 2 expectations

Jelani Woods - round 2: picks 45-64

Alec Lindstrom - Dolphins first pick (late round 3)

Alontae Taylor - Middle of round 2 - middle of round 3. (48-85)

Coby Bryant - late 2nd round - mid 3rd round (54-75)

Channing Tindall - 2nd round 

You misspelled “fantasies”

• Like 3