2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Potential players I could see them maybe moving are Moss, Ford, Edmunds, Epenesa, and though unlikely, Poyer.

I think they’d move up for Sauce or Stingley. 

Out of moss, ford, epenesa not sure the value would be there to get to the top 10, it would have to include our 1st next year as well as 25 this year. Edmunds would only just create a new hole and no answer to the LB spot that is current on the roster. Same with Poyer, although Johnson may be able to step in but I think he is more of a FS then a SS. Will be interesting but usually with everything going on in bills camp they never release information to media on making moves until they are done.

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Potential players I could see them maybe moving are Moss, Ford, Edmunds, Epenesa, and though unlikely, Poyer.

Throwing it out there but possibly Dion Dawkins, if they think Spencer Brown can swing over to the LT spot.

They made a move at LT with Glenn back in 2018, and we all know who we ended up getting in 2018. 

Edited by Tommy_C

17 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Out of moss, ford, epenesa not sure the value would be there to get to the top 10, it would have to include our 1st next year as well as 25 this year. Edmunds would only just create a new hole and no answer to the LB spot that is current on the roster. Same with Poyer, although Johnson may be able to step in but I think he is more of a FS then a SS. Will be interesting but usually with everything going on in bills camp they never release information to media on making moves until they are done.

Oh yeah draft picks would have to be included for sure. A replacement for Edmunds could probably be found in round 2 or 3. Could get the same type of production for fraction of the cost. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

Throwing it out there but possibly Dion Dawkins, if they think Spencer Brown can swing over to the LT spot.

They made a move at LT with Glenn back in 2018, and we all know who we ended up getting in 2018. 

Dawkins is one of those glue guys/captains. I’d be shocked if they moved him. Especially since Brown looked awful at LT the brief tIme he spent there lol.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Dawkins is one of those glue guys/captains. I’d be shocked if they moved him. Especially since Brown looked awful at LT the brief tIme he spent there lol.

I agree, and dont get me wrong I DO NOT want us to trade Dawkins, but it just came to mind when thinking of possible vets who could get traded. 

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

Yea but glenn was hurt and only played 6 games in 2017 in which we saw Dawkins was more then capable of being the starting LT. The moment Brown had to step in, you can tell it wouldnt be the same. I think Dawkins and diggs are better of on the roster then trade partners just simply because they are keys to Allens success. Plus Beane made it a point to better protect allen with what he said in pressers.

53 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh yeah draft picks would have to be included for sure. A replacement for Edmunds could probably be found in round 2 or 3. Could get the same type of production for fraction of the cost. 

I saw an option in which I actually do not hate, pick 25, 3rd this year, 1st in 2023, and Epenesa for 7th overall as Schoen is looking to build more picks.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I saw an option in which I actually do not hate, pick 25, 3rd this year, 1st in 2023, and Epenesa for 7th overall as Schoen is looking to build more picks.

Who would be your top choice at pick 7? I’m assuming this would have to be a draft day trade and Buffalo has someone in mind. Sauce? 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who would be your top choice at pick 7? I’m assuming this would have to be a draft day trade and Buffalo has someone in mind. Sauce? 

Sauce, Stingley or Hamilton would be my guess if they made the move. Im not sure I want to mortgage the future though. I would much rather trade back then up if the top 4 CBs are off the board and likely the top 4-5 WR off the board, trade down grab an extra pick and draft Breece Hall. I think he is the dynamic RB we could use in the run game and pass game. He can compliment Singletary this year while allowing the bills to let Singletary walk next offseason. 6'1 220 runs a 4.4 forty, great hands could be the darkhorse 

On 3/31/2022 at 2:59 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Stingley scares the crap out of me lol. The injuries, the attitude are big flags. Maybe most gifted CB the last 3 years but those flags are real. I wouldn't want a Morris Claiborne here.

@Tommy_Cmight agree with me here, Trent McDuffie would be a fantastic get for us. I honestly feel hes in that top tier with Sauce and Stingley 

I would guess moving up to 7 would be for a OL not a CB.. 

Ifem Ekwonu, Charles Cross and Evan Neal reasonable targets and it would make sense packaging Dawkins. I wouldnt oppose Dawkins and 25 to move up for Evan Neal. Helps our cap situation and upgrades our OL instantly 

CB is pretty deep and top heavy. McBeane would have to fall in love with Sauce or Stingley to jump up for one considering were guaranteed a nice CB at 25.

Edited by BillsGuy82

40 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I would guess moving up to 7 would be for a OL not a CB.. 

Ifem Ekwonu, Charles Cross and Evan Neal reasonable targets and it would make sense packaging Dawkins. I wouldnt oppose Dawkins and 25 to move up for Evan Neal. Helps our cap situation and upgrades our OL instantly 

CB is pretty deep and top heavy. McBeane would have to fall in love with Sauce or Stingley to jump up for one considering were guaranteed a nice CB at 25.

Dont see the point of moving up for an OT, oline is hit or miss and most of the time misses. To go up and trade dawkins and 25 still leaving the same holes on the team does nothing for them. Dawkins is only under contract with cap hits of 12, 13, and 13 mil over the next 3 years. Sewell who was drafted last year his cap hit has been 5-7 mil each over the next 3 years so really we are looking only at a 6 mil savings per year and going from a for sure answer at LT to someone who may or may not be as good as dawkins. Not to mention one of those guys would be there come pick 7, also Schoen has already said he is looking to make moves with the idea of having 2 2023 1st rd picks so I am not sure giants would want to do that considering they are in a rebuild and are against the cap already with what they have. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dont see the point of moving up for an OT, oline is hit or miss and most of the time misses. To go up and trade dawkins and 25 still leaving the same holes on the team does nothing for them. Dawkins is only under contract with cap hits of 12, 13, and 13 mil over the next 3 years. Sewell who was drafted last year his cap hit has been 5-7 mil each over the next 3 years so really we are looking only at a 6 mil savings per year and going from a for sure answer at LT to someone who may or may not be as good as dawkins. Not to mention one of those guys would be there come pick 7, also Schoen has already said he is looking to make moves with the idea of having 2 2023 1st rd picks so I am not sure giants would want to do that considering they are in a rebuild and are against the cap already with what they have. 

I'm just saying. I dont see the point for us to move up to 7? Not sure where that came from but that alone makes no sense. I'm just trying to rationalize the original conversation lol

To move from 25 to 7 is gonna cost us next years 1st plus another pick this year. 

Edited by BillsGuy82

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm just saying. I dont see the point for us to move up to 7? Not sure where that came from but that alone makes no sense. I'm just trying to rationalize the original conversation lol

To move from 25 to 7 is gonna cost us next years 1st plus another pick this year. 

Yes Talbot did an article the other day saying that it would be 25 and a 3rd this year with 2023 1st and 5th to go to 7 and land Gardner to play opposite to Tre. The theory is that it would be the balance of finances while having 2 #1 corners on the team and when Tre's contract is set to expire is when Sauce's rookie deal will expire in which they can pay him while Tre will be 31 years old. This will be securing the CB situation for the long term but would be at a cost. I dont see us moving at anytime but it was a commentator on Siruis radio that was hearing alot of chatter about bills asking other teams about potential trade in the top 10.