2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

16 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

Listened to this interview today. He always has good interviews on McAfee. The most telling was that he was pretty much saying we are at the stage of bargain basement shopping at the moment. I think that all but solidifies that our #2 CB will be a draft pick.

I think that was more so on the fact they are up against the wall. He has yet to mention anything about Diggs, I am not sure if he plans to extend him before or during the season which may look to clear the cap for 2023 offseason rather then this year. I just would hate to go in to the season with the CB depth that we have when you literally have 5 new veteran qbs entering the AFC. I hate to be reactive during the season then proactive now at the position. Limp Tre, an underwhelming 7th rd in dane and then backups/special teamers arent ideal in a pass happy league. Would have liked a veteran CB (that can start the season) and a rookie being added

Bates is meeting with the Bears now. I think IOL will be in play in rounds 2-5 regardless if Bates comes back or not. Even if he comes back it’s only for a year. If he plays well again this year he will likely cash in elsewhere. Don’t be surprised if we draft in the trenches early again this year. I know CB is a big need, but Beane did say that one of his priorities is to protect Allen.

9 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Bates is meeting with the Bears now. I think IOL will be in play in rounds 2-5 regardless if Bates comes back or not. Even if he comes back it’s only for a year. If he plays well again this year he will likely cash in elsewhere. Don’t be surprised if we draft in the trenches early again this year. I know CB is a big need, but Beane did say that one of his priorities is to protect Allen.

It should be in any round. I expect the bills to be in play for TAMU guard if he is available at 25. Ideally CB should be the next free agent acquisition before the draft, beane will truly be able to go BPA in every round if they add a vet cb. 

Well I officially have Covid and so does my 16 month old son. So that’s fun.

On the bright side I’ll be able to spend the week diving more into the draft and it feels like CB is either a 1st round or 3rd round choice without reaching. 

Sauce, Stingley, Booth Jr, McDuffie and Elam seem like the top CB to Come off the board. I think at least 1 will be there at 25.

None of them and likely not Gordon or McCreary will make it to 57. So would we reach in round 2 if we don’t take one in round 1?

I could see RB being in play at 57. Most likely WR and IOL though. 

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Well I officially have Covid and so does my 16 month old son. So that’s fun.

On the bright side I’ll be able to spend the week diving more into the draft and it feels like CB is either a 1st round or 3rd round choice without reaching. 

Sauce, Stingley, Booth Jr, McDuffie and Elam seem like the top CB to Come off the board. I think at least 1 will be there at 25.

None of them and likely not Gordon or McCreary will make it to 57. So would we reach in round 2 if we don’t take one in round 1?

I could see RB being in play at 57. Most likely WR and IOL though. 

Get better real soon! You and the little guy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Chiefs got worse, dolphins gave up a lot of draft capital and $30 million to a 28 year old WR. 

Can’t help but think Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott are smiling.

No cause now they have the headache that could be diggs. They need to lock him down on a reasonable cost and then focus on getting a vet CB. Tua isnt a threat but they need to have some capable CBs to cover all the weapons in the AFC 

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This isn’t a thing. You keep talking like it is when ALL signs point the opposite. 

Diggs will get paid. But it doesn’t need to happen until the summer. Literally no need to be the focus right now.

cause he has been commenting on social media about stuff and has been removing stuff. Media continues to talk about his contract it all adds up to him being disgruntled as this same thing went down in Minnesota. Any other person I wouldnt think twice but how he acted in Minny is how he is acting now. If your looking to extend him just do it now and get it over with and it will also free up some cap this year to get a capable CB2 vet for all these AFC moves that have been happening. Until Diggs comes out and is like I am good with what I have its going to be something that will be talked about

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

cause he has been commenting on social media about stuff and has been removing stuff. Media continues to talk about his contract it all adds up to him being disgruntled as this same thing went down in Minnesota. Any other person I wouldnt think twice but how he acted in Minny is how he is acting now. If your looking to extend him just do it now and get it over with and it will also free up some cap this year to get a capable CB2 vet for all these AFC moves that have been happening. Until Diggs comes out and is like I am good with what I have its going to be something that will be talked about

The media is talking about him being under paid. Everyone and the Bills know this. But this may be the thinnest argument I’ve ever seen on here.

Him deleting his Instagram is no different than the hundreds of player who do that every off season. Tre white does it too. Diggs Twitter has retweet’s of us signing Crowder, and McKenzie. He literally called Von Miller and told him to come play in Buffalo. 

He is best friends with Josh Allen. There’s quite literally nothing comparable to now and his time in Minnesota. Brandon Beane has always said he knows Diggs is under paid and it will get taken care of. In the summer. Much like Allen and Tre were as well. 

It’s a complete non story with no legs.

57 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The media is talking about him being under paid. Everyone and the Bills know this. But this may be the thinnest argument I’ve ever seen on here.

Him deleting his Instagram is no different than the hundreds of player who do that every off season. Tre white does it too. Diggs Twitter has retweet’s of us signing Crowder, and McKenzie. He literally called Von Miller and told him to come play in Buffalo. 

He is best friends with Josh Allen. There’s quite literally nothing comparable to now and his time in Minnesota. Brandon Beane has always said he knows Diggs is under paid and it will get taken care of. In the summer. Much like Allen and Tre were as well. 

It’s a complete non story with no legs.

lets hope your right