2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

If the Bills sign Fitzpatrick as back up QB the city may implode

I have a gut feeling its gonna be Kyle Allen

Nvm... just sae he signed with Texans. Hmmm back up QB will be interesting. Just praying its not Cam Newton

Edited by Kmart128

Top needs right now: CB, RG, WR, and backup QB. Ton of experienced vet's out there at CB still, I doubt they look at Landry, Julio, or A-Rob but I am curious if 1 would take a cheap deal to chase a ring. Again wishful thinking but A-Rob isnt getting as much attention as he thought he was going to get, what better way to get a big pay day next year is to have a solid season with Josh Allen as his qb over what he has had in Chicago and Jax. Julio may be the most interested as he is 33 and has been paid before chasing a ring and not having to be a constant starter may appeal to him.  Then you got Haden, Peterson, and Gilmore out there that are on the tail end of their career the 1st 2 may look to chase a ring since they dont have one. Whether they bring in a CB or WR via FA it still shouldnt prevent from taking one early on in the draft

Right now, I think we need to go CB/WR in round 1 and 2 and possibly RB in round 3 (I wouldnt be mad if we have a top rated guy available in the 2nd and we trade up for him). RG isn't really much of a need assuming Bates signs his RFA deal and can produce like he did down the stretch. I think round 4-7 (barring a trade) need to be depth at OL/Secondary/LB/P. Haack isnt going to cut it at P and I think he could use some competition. 

50 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Top needs right now: CB, RG, WR, and backup QB. Ton of experienced vet's out there at CB still, I doubt they look at Landry, Julio, or A-Rob but I am curious if 1 would take a cheap deal to chase a ring. Again wishful thinking but A-Rob isnt getting as much attention as he thought he was going to get, what better way to get a big pay day next year is to have a solid season with Josh Allen as his qb over what he has had in Chicago and Jax. Julio may be the most interested as he is 33 and has been paid before chasing a ring and not having to be a constant starter may appeal to him.  Then you got Haden, Peterson, and Gilmore out there that are on the tail end of their career the 1st 2 may look to chase a ring since they dont have one. Whether they bring in a CB or WR via FA it still shouldnt prevent from taking one early on in the draft

I think we go to the draft for CB. I definitely think we add a veteran but not a big name by any means. I think they want more speed there. 

A-rob or Julio would be great. Cheap 1 year deal to get a ring and cash out next off-season (Robinson more so than Julio obviously). The fact that Beasley is still on the team has me thinking he may change his mind and come back one more year.

35 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

Right now, I think we need to go CB/WR in round 1 and 2 and possibly RB in round 3 (I wouldnt be mad if we have a top rated guy available in the 2nd and we trade up for him). RG isn't really much of a need assuming Bates signs his RFA deal and can produce like he did down the stretch. I think round 4-7 (barring a trade) need to be depth at OL/Secondary/LB/P. Haack isnt going to cut it at P and I think he could use some competition. 

I dont know about bates, he isnt a lock and has the ability to sign with a team in which Buffalo can match. Also he was deep on the depth chart this past year, showing up to play a few games was great but I wouldnt give him starting status without any competition. Plus Saffold only on a 1 year deal while it may not be a concern it is long term and if the guy from TAMU is there at 25 I think you have to look to take him. We will see though. This is definitely an all in year for us.

Just now, Maxmw22 said:

Anyone think there is a good possibility that we trade up in the draft? You would think #2 CB is our most glaring hole, and Sauce is probably a top 10 pick, would they move up for Stingley? (I understand he is a big risk).

Its going to cost us another 1st to go from 25 to top 10 and I doubt beane is going to want to do that considering how we will be on the cap line with little wiggle room. 

After losing 2 players from last years draft class  to other teams, I am certainly more inclined to trade up where possible.

Outside of a Punter, I doubt anyone from round 6 and 7 makes the 53. Would love to see more picks in the 3-5th rounds and have about 6 total rookies added as opposed to 9. 

Continuing to draft well will be the key with some of these big contracts. Cost controlled depth for 4 years is always needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Anyone think there is a good possibility that we trade up in the draft? You would think #2 CB is our most glaring hole, and Sauce is probably a top 10 pick, would they move up for Stingley? (I understand he is a big risk).

I'll say no because Andrew Booth Jr is rated higher by many and Trent McDuffie would top alot of CB draft classes. 

I think McDuffie is a great pick, he fits our scheme like a glove